“Splendid!”

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Splendid!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had dinner here in July. A friend recommended this restaurant so we gave it a go. Simply amazing. It was one of the best meals I have ever had. I chose the Shrimp and Grits and fell in love. This is a must do in Charleston!

• Visited July 2013

Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Lives up to its Nickname: SNOB”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I dine in Charleston often (every week or so) and had heard rave reviews about this place. The problem with rave reviews is one has to live up to your reputation. Don't get me wrong this is a first rate establishment. And, overall we had an enjoyable evening. The wine was excellent, the service was professional, and the ambiance was wonderful. That said, the corn bread served was dry. My steak was very good, but extremely high priced as opposed to everything else on the menu. All side items are priced a la carte. The crab soup was excellent. I think I would recommend a selection of appetizers for your meal versus as entree. My friends dining with me, both had salads and appetizers and they looked as they should - appetizing. The cost for the meal: 1 entree, 2 apps, 1 salad, & 1 reasonably priced bottle of wine was $148 before tip. I am not opposed to the price - when it is a value. I did not feel I got good value for my money. I have paid $250 in Charleston for less food, but I walked out feeling I had a better experience, was able to rave about the food, and felt it was worth it. I may go back, but there are so many choices of excellent eating establishments in Charleston, I'll just try others first and may return to SNOB when the list of restaurants runs low. THAT SAID, I do recommend this establishment. There is nothing wrong with it. It is an excellent place to dine. The issue I have is there are so many excellent places to dine in Charleston, why not walk way with that feeling of "Wow, I cannot wait to eat there again." But, it is just my opinion, you may feel differently, many people do, it is rated as one of the better restaurants in the Holy City.

• Visited December 2013
Summerville, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good lunch close to the market”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were a group of 5 for lunch. We had a variety of dishes which included Shrimp and Grits, Maverick Reuben Sandwich, and, crab cakes. All were delivered by a great staff and pleasant atmosphere. Very nice lunch break.

St. Louis, Missouri
“Somewhat disappointing”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Ate here for lunch. My wife had the scallops with vegetables which we both liked. I had the shrimp and grits. Perhaps it's my "yankee" tastebuds but I just didn't understand why others have raved about this dish. I found it to be bland.

Service was good. This place can get loud.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My fav and most reasonable restaurant in Charleston! Ambiance is beautiful, wait staff attentive and the location makes it about as good (or better) option than most. There are other great restaurants all within a block which helps when it's too long a wait (which is often the case, I'm guessing).