“Celebrated our anniversary @ SNOB” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Slightly North of Broad

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
“Celebrated our anniversary @ SNOB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our recent evening at SNOB. We had the joy our being sat at the Chef's Table overlooking the kitchen. We loved our appetizer nightly specials of my sweetbreads along my wife's squash blossom over couscous. (In fact I told our server that I would fly back to Charleston just to eat the squash blossom appetizer agin - it was that good!) For our main courses, we found my wife's BBQ Tuna along with my local Triggerfish to be absolutely delishous. The atmosphere an service were top notch! Overall a wonderfully memorable evening celebrating 18 years of marriage together. Thanks SNOB!

1 Thank LoveToTravel1995

NewJersey
“Wonderful night in Charleston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had been recommended this restaurant by a family member. Good call. My daughters and I had a wonderful dinner there. The food was fresh, was unique to the area. I had triggerfish with buttered beans - not going to find that in the north. My vegetarian daughter had a full plate of locally grown vegetables and grains. Everything was unique and pleasurable. The service impeccable and filled with southern hospitality.

1 Thank JKNJ
Windermere, Florida
“Bravo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We found SNOB to be a wonderful restaurant! The menu offerings are very creative, presentation is beautiful, and flavor DEVINE. The restaurant atmosphere is lovely, and casually elegant. Guest would feel equally comfortable here in jacket and tie or in jeans. Servers are knowledgeable and very attentive. I cant think of any way our dinning experience could have been improved upon. If we were locals we would dine here often.

2 Thank missmywolf
Wilmot, Arkansas, United States
“Just In Time For Lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Wonderful place to eat while shopping but realize you will have a wait for lunch! The atmosphere is cheery and like a big family dinner with everyone having a wonderful time! It is low country cooking at its best! It is on my list of top restaurants in Charleston! Enjoy every minute!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tena C
Boston, Massachusetts
“We will remember this meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Every so often we are lucky enough to really be able to say that we will remember the meal for a long time. This was the case at Slightly North of Broad. The restaurant is really lovely inside - the space felt very cozy and intimate even though it has high ceilings and is a large space. We both started with the Bibb Salad - the pickled okra on it was delicious. For dinner my husband had the Trigger Fish special - apparently there are only two times each year that they are allowed to fish for Trigger Fish and we were lucky enough to be there when it was in season. It was delicious and the red rice underneath was amazing. I ordered the Shrimp and Grits - absolutely the best comfort food!!! I didn't want it to end. We both had dessert (another clue that we were loving the food). I had the Sour Cream Apple Pie - wow! it was so beautifully seasoned and baked - the apples were still crisp. My husband had a Corn Bread Pudding. He loved his dessert too - but, did think I won the dessert ordering round...This dinner was fabulous and if we are ever in the area again we will be back! p.s. the service was stellar too!

2 Thank Ellebella_12