“Always a great meal!”

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 933 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We cannot go to Charleston without eating lunch or dinner at SNOB. Busy place with a great "buzz" atmosphere. Jake was our waiter. Very personable and helpful with our selections. I enjoyed my seafood dish and my husband had the prime rib. My drink was very weak(something with blueberries), my husband's was better(bourbon). We chose not to have another. A nice touch is the dining room manager circulating and asking how our food was, etc. It appears that there is alot of teamwork which is nice to see. My only complaint was our table was located across from the bathroom near the bar. Every time the door opened, I could see the toilet. Yuck, during dinner! We will go back, nice to try the unique dishes offered. Make a dinner reservation ahead of time.

There are newer reviews for Slightly North of Broad

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My last visit to SNOB was 10 years ago and I have missed it ever since. My return visit did not disappoint! Everything was delicious...cheese plate, steamed clams, duck breast. I recommend them all! I was a happy customer from start to finish and will be looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had lunch here on the recommendation of a business associate who lives in Charleston and it actually was our favorite place to eat! The food was excellent, service very good, atmosphere very nice. It was very busy for lunch but we did not have to wait long for a table. Despite being busy, S.N.O.B. was not too noisey and the tables are not too crowded together,. Definately recommend for lunch! Wish we had time to go back for dinner while we were in Charleston!

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We discovered SNOB on the last day of our weeklong vacation in South Carolina. If only we had learned of it sooner!

Initially, we were a bit put off by a 40 minute wait for lunch for four people (we didn't have a reservation) but the city was hot and crowded on July 5th and we didn't have the energy to wander place to place in search of other options. The wait paid off as we were finally seated at a terrific table with a direct view of the kitchen and adjacent to the chef's table in the rear of the restaurant.

Our server, Sarah, was excellent --efficient, attentive and super knowledgeable when it came to making recommendations for an allergy-plagued diner in our party. Everyone enjoyed their selections (shrimp and grits, meatloaf with tomato jam and the Southern Medley) as well as the decor and atmosphere. The food was especially flavorful given the restaurant's focus on serving dishes made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients and all of us nearly licked our plates clean.

The only negative was that we don't live closer to SNOB to dine there on a frequent basis. If we didn't live in SW Florida, we'd be regular diners here!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

wife had the snapper special.... pretty good. For $28 we also ordered the scallops, not impressed with the portion size of 3... Good restaurant for a night out, but nothing over the top