“Great atmosphere, great food & great service!”

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I dined here last week during our visit to charleston.. overall it was a great experience! We had a reservation that I made about a week prior. If you want anytime between 6 and 9 I reccommend making a reservation. We were seated 5 minutes prior to our reservation time. Our server was brittany who was wonderful. The atmosphere was a little loud but we liked it! Still could have great dinner conversation. I think we had a great table too.. towards the back with a view of the kitchen. I had the swordfish which was just good not great but my boyfriend got the duck and claimed it was the best he has ever had! It is priced on the higher side but in line with the other restaurants near by. Would definitely dine here again!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,479)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

First time here for lunch and had a good experience. My husband and I both had fresh blackened fish with veggies. It was very tasty and moist, we loved it. Sorry we didn't have more time to go back.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went here for our 2 year wedding anniversary and boy did they hook us up. We had the best seat in the house overlooking the entire restaurant as well as the kitchen. Our waiter was pretty good (and I say that because some of the staff we have had while dining out has been outstanding) but the food stole the show. The ingredients were second to none on the freshness scale as you can taste it in every bite. The specialty drinks were also pretty refreshing and tasty! The seasonal peach salad was a tremendous start and the complimentary bread basket (particularly the corn bread) was superb. After our toast (complimentary bubbly) we decided on the fish special (cooked to perfection) and the lamb (excellent). For dessert we had the peach cobbler and it was extremely fresh and tasty. Give SNOB a try when in town and you will be talking about your meal for weeks on end.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had heard such great things about this place and we had tried on 2 previous visits to Charleston to get reservations and couldn't. This time I made the reservation with Open Table on TripAdvisor a few days in advance and we got in. It was so worth it! The food was fresh and so delicious! Our server, Matt, has a Masters Degree in Restaurant Management and also graduated from culinary school. When he describes a menu item to you, he makes everything sound like the most delectable dish ever created! We went with all of his recommendations and everything was perfect. I had a fried green tomato salad and then a crunchy pork dish with fresh peaches on it. Wow! My husband had a fresh peach and goat cheese salad followed by clams. He said they were both fabulous. Since peaches are in season, we had to split the peach cobbler for dessert. So good.
The restaurant is cozy and inviting, everyone was friendly and happy, and the prices are very reasonable considering the quality and service. So make your reservation and go. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great food, great service, wonderful location. If you are looking for "new Southern" cuisine prepared exceptionally well, then stop by SNOB. We had a wonderful meal. The shrimp and grits were absolutely the best we have ever had. We also loved the chacuterie plate, which is more than ample to share as an appetizer. The most outstanding component of the meal, however, was the dessert. We had the chocolate pecan upside down cake with salted sorghum caramel, and it was to die for! luscious, rich, chocolately, salty, most.... yum! I wanted to lick the plate clean. This restaurant competes with Husk for best new southern cuisine in Charleston, and while I'd give Husk a slight edge, this is one not to miss. Do make reservations well in advance or be prepared to be disappointed.