“Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Slightly North of Broad

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
N.J.
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

First time here for lunch and had a good experience. My husband and I both had fresh blackened fish with veggies. It was very tasty and moist, we loved it. Sorry we didn't have more time to go back.

Visited March 2013

Northern New Jersey
“Hit the Spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went here for our 2 year wedding anniversary and boy did they hook us up. We had the best seat in the house overlooking the entire restaurant as well as the kitchen. Our waiter was pretty good (and I say that because some of the staff we have had while dining out has been outstanding) but the food stole the show. The ingredients were second to none on the freshness scale as you can taste it in every bite. The specialty drinks were also pretty refreshing and tasty! The seasonal peach salad was a tremendous start and the complimentary bread basket (particularly the corn bread) was superb. After our toast (complimentary bubbly) we decided on the fish special (cooked to perfection) and the lamb (excellent). For dessert we had the peach cobbler and it was extremely fresh and tasty. Give SNOB a try when in town and you will be talking about your meal for weeks on end.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“So Deserving of all the Great Reviews!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had heard such great things about this place and we had tried on 2 previous visits to Charleston to get reservations and couldn't. This time I made the reservation with Open Table on TripAdvisor a few days in advance and we got in. It was so worth it! The food was fresh and so delicious! Our server, Matt, has a Masters Degree in Restaurant Management and also graduated from culinary school. When he describes a menu item to you, he makes everything sound like the most delectable dish ever created! We went with all of his recommendations and everything was perfect. I had a fried green tomato salad and then a crunchy pork dish with fresh peaches on it. Wow! My husband had a fresh peach and goat cheese salad followed by clams. He said they were both fabulous. Since peaches are in season, we had to split the peach cobbler for dessert. So good.
The restaurant is cozy and inviting, everyone was friendly and happy, and the prices are very reasonable considering the quality and service. So make your reservation and go. You won't be sorry!

Clearwater, Florida
“SNOB lives up to its reputation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great food, great service, wonderful location. If you are looking for "new Southern" cuisine prepared exceptionally well, then stop by SNOB. We had a wonderful meal. The shrimp and grits were absolutely the best we have ever had. We also loved the chacuterie plate, which is more than ample to share as an appetizer. The most outstanding component of the meal, however, was the dessert. We had the chocolate pecan upside down cake with salted sorghum caramel, and it was to die for! luscious, rich, chocolately, salty, most.... yum! I wanted to lick the plate clean. This restaurant competes with Husk for best new southern cuisine in Charleston, and while I'd give Husk a slight edge, this is one not to miss. Do make reservations well in advance or be prepared to be disappointed.

Birmingham, AL
“Slightly Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Visited the week of July 4th, made reservations about 2 weeks out (an absolute must in Charleston). Arrived a little before our 7:30 and immediately seated.

After a glass of wine and beer for my husband and son dinner arrived promptly. I ordered the Shrimp and Grits which were wonderful! I've had this dish in many places but I think SNOB's version is my favorite to date. Son ordered Tuna which he enjoyed and hubby wasn't very hungry so ordered a veggie plate which he also enjoyed.

I will make a comment on the veggie plate. It was totally and completely green! As in, every single item on the plate was green, LOL. I'm guessing not alot of customers order veggie plates at SNOB. (I questioned my hubby's selection) That said, they were beautiful, and beautifully prepared. Personally, think I would have thrown a squash or tomatoe on the plate for color relief:)

Service was very good, our waiter maybe not the most personable but it was a holiday week so I'm going to cut him the tiniest bit of slack.

Overall a very nice dining experience. It's a beautiful restaurant and the food was very good.

Visited July 2013