“Another Off My Bucket List”

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 946 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We discovered Charleston late in life, probably a good thing as the food is wonderful and the choices extensive. We dropped in for a late lunch and it was packed. We were fortunate to snag a spot at the bar where James took great care of us. At his recommendation, my wife ordered and was very happy with the Grilled Southern Medley - chicken breast, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes and pesto. The goat cheese croutons that accompanied it were very large, like hush puppies, and oozing with cheese. My shrimp & grits was excellent and I have made eating and rating this southern specialty a hobby. Even though we still have lots of Charleston restaurants still to visit, we'll be tempted to return to S.N.O.B.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,502)

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Classy and sophisticated atmosphere. Started with a ginger and pear sangria that was delicious and unique. Had a strawberry salad with toasted nuts that was fantastic. Ordered tilefish that was prepared to perfection and served over diced sweet potatoes. Maybe my favorite restaurant in Charleston. Will go back!

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I had the time fish and tomato currant, my wife had the duck. Both were excellent. The service was ok. The price was rather high, even though the food was great. The ambience is interesting with mirrors and glass chandeliers. I probably wouldn't recommend it just because of the relatively high cost.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The ambiance was very elegant and not too noisy, the food was very very good, and the waitstaff was polite and friendly.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have traveled all over the world and this was my first visit to Charleston and the first meal I had there. First of all, Charleston is absolutely the most charming city you could ever imagine. I'm CRAZY for Charleston! The restaurant felt like I was in the traditional old south and the food did not disappoint. Every one of us had something different and we we're all happy. I had the crabcakes that we're fanatastic but I kept eating my friends homemade potato chips that we're positively addicting (think spicy BBQ flavor). The cornbread was yummy too. We we're that for lunch and it was packed full, obviously a very very popular place not only with the tourists but with the locals too. You can be sure that I will definately be back on my next vist to Charleston. SOON please!