“My favorite”

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

SNOB remains my favorite restaurant in the downtown area of Charleston. We recently took some out of town visitors there and had a great meal. Personally, I think they have the best shrimp and grits in a town where every place serves this dish. I got on this visit and my opinion remains the same. Excellent. All of the guests gave good reviews to their meals. My only complaint was that the service was a bit slow and less attentive than I am used to. The restaurant was packed and it was an early week day, so maybe they were short staffed. But, it was nothing that interfered with our experience. As someone who lives in Charleston, I continue to recommend SNOB.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,480)

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Fourteen of us were seated at two round tables. Everyone enjoyed the selections from the tantalizing menu. Service was professional and unobtrusive.
If you are looking for a fine restaurant in Charleston, you won't be disappointed here.
My choice of the evening was flounder. It was delicious!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were a group of twelve dining at SNOB last Thursday night. We were seated at two tables of six. The service was outstanding ! The Rack of Lamb was perfect, in fact everyone loved their dinner. Wonderful restaurant!!!!!
Regency Reveler

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was very impressed by SNOB's service, atmosphere and most of all the food! My friends and I had a very great and enjoyable experience there. I ordered the fried chicken which was absolutely delicious! perfect choice for a midwestern girl looking to really enjoy some southern cuisine! my friends and I made a reservation ahead of time which I recommend doing because It was very packed when we first walked in. Perfect restaurant for tourists or locals looking to branch out and try something new! you really cant go wrong with anything on the menu...especially the desert.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

When we were unable to secure a reservation for this highly acclaimed restaurant we were bummed. We decided to stop by and see if they had any room, and as luck would have it, we were immediately seated at a cozy table for two. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine options as well as catering to gluten free diners. Everything we ate was top notch and fabulous. I highly recommend SNOB.