“Nice, but a bit overrated”
Review of Indaco

Indaco
Reserve with OpenTable
Indaco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was very excited to eat here, as I have heard nothing but amazing reviews from foody friends. We had trouble getting in for a few weeks, they always seemed very busy. Our server was excellent- Chloe I think was her name. They were out of the wine we wanted, so she suggested a substitute which was good. I had the fall salad to start with- it was amazing. I would highly reccommend it. I had a pesto buccatini for my entree which was quite good. The menu had a lot of pizza and more casual fare. The bar started to get busy and people were rubbing against my back, which I did not care for. Overall, it was good. I went with my husband for a romantic date night. This would be a place to come with friends or groups.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My stepmom and my dad took me here for my birthday in August. What we did not know at the time was that the restaurant had been open for a week. If we had known, we probably wouldn't have gone, but I am so glad we did!

We were blown away with how good the food was. The pizzas we had were so delicious. We ended up getting two pizzas, the fava bean puree thing, and a pasta plate. The only issue was had was that the pasta plate was not at all how we pictured it. The flavors were delicious, but they were rounds of pasta (maybe 10 of them) stuffed and a light sauce. It wasn't an entree size. However, the waitress was very receptive to our comments.

The place was a little loud for my dad (he is hard of hearing), but over all, it has become one of my new favorite restaurants and I can't wait to go back!!! Needless to say, a wonderful birthday dinner!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

In-house made pasta and wood fire grilled pizza. The food was great and the cocktails were fantastic!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I love Indigo Road restaurants, so I was pretty excited about Indaco. I've been a couple of times, and it just doesn't knock my socks off like their other restaurants. The cost of the food feels way pricier (which, it's not necessarily) because of portion-size and menu-offerings. The pizza left a lot to be desired. A couple of the pastas were tasty, but I didn't feel like it was worth the price. The most recent time I was at Indaco, the service was poor. However, the other two times I had been the service was excellent. The ambiance is vibrant.

Overall, I'd choose another restaurant to go to in Charleston rather than Indaco.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Have been a few times and each time, the wood burning smell is a wonderful welcome. There is something so primal and warm about fire. Ditto good food, and that is abundant here. Sharing bites at the bar is comfy and fun, since the bartenders encourage sampling of wines and sport a friendly mien. dinner also lovely ...the only gripe is portions are a wee bit, well, wee... Try the Brussels sprout pizza (really) and save room for dessert!