“Good location on King Street”

Nicks barbeque charleston
Ranked #162 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Barbecue
kansas city
“Good location on King Street”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We are from Kansas City, so the barbeque needed to be up to our standards. The pulled pork was good, but not as good as they do it in Kansas City. Very cool building and cheese biscuits were delicious. I would recommend it as an affordable option on King Street which has come pricey restaurants.

Visited February 2014

Australia
“Good value but ordinary ribs”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I ordered the full rack of ribs. This was enough for 3 people not the 2 of us. The ribs were very salty and we have had better in our travels. Service and atmosphere were good. gandkfromoz

• Visited January 2014
“Old Charleston style, great smokey BBQ.”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I recently ate here for lunch while on a NKW trip (No Kids Wknd) for my birthday. We have dined at other Jim and Nick's restaurants, and had heard from the Charlotte manager about the uniqueness of this location, so we figured we would check it out. Great lunch setup, line and counter order system (non-standard for the chain) and decorated in true Charleston flare in line with the eclectic feel of the turn of the century building. Food was great. We got a order of the Kitchen Sink Nacho's (go small if only 2 people -not on the menu but just ask), I got the Pimento cheese burger (perfect juicy med-well topped with sharp pimento cheese, crispy lettuce, tomato, pickle, on a nicely brown baked in-restaurant bun) with a side of mustard base potato salad (i.e. yellow). My wife got a salad, generously portioned with a mix of greens (mostly iceberg), cherry tomatoes, smoked turkey, mix of shredded cheese, and dressing on the side.

While they weren't overly busy, they were extremely attentive to us. Fast on drink refills (never got below half) as well as clearing plates as we emptied them. Nice young college aged staff (it is in the "college town" area after all). Service was fast, a little too fast, as the app arrived mere moments before our main course.

Overall, awesome. Will return without a doubt.

• Visited December 2013
“good "fast food" bbq”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

stopped by here on one of the second sunday's on king street.
the food was decent enough, we each had a type of bbq sandwich and we each had a more than fair share of fat in the sandwich (not thrilled about that).
the staff was friendly. you order your food at the counter then take a seat, the food comes out pretty fast. it was reasonably priced for a quick bite to eat. probably would not make a big effort to go back as there are so many other places to try downtown.

• Visited October 2013
Zanesville, Ohio
“Upscale Fast Food”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

First time we had eaten here. Not sure if I'd go back. If I was a local maybe, but on vacation, I prefer to have a sit down dinner and be waited on. You have to order from the counter. The portions are enough for two people. The food was okay, but not outstanding.

• Visited November 2013