“Lovely surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: James Island
Reviewed June 15, 2013

As other reviews inform, this restaurant is in a strip mall which is anchored by a walgreens or rite aid. You would never guess that this little oasis in the crazy cash-grab that is the Charleston restaurant scene, is hiding on a far end of said strip mall.

We ordered bruschetta and baked ravioli. Both selections were perfectly prepared, and served by capable, attentive servers. The property and dining area appeared to be clean and was inviting. Best of all, we didn't need a reservation. We will be back soon.

2  Thank bichonandon

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I always rate Italian by first trying the spaghetti and meatballs and was not disappointed. My antipasto house salad was delicious and the rest of our table enjoyed the sausage ziti and lasagne. The wait staff was very attentive, especially to our 4 yr old with us. Good Italian atmosphere and a nice evening.

1  Thank JosetteG200
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been to Mondo's on two separate trips two years apart. Both times I have ordered the Chicken Marsala and it truly is the best I've ever had! My husband ordered the Chicken Parmigiana and it was great as well. You've got to try the Chicken Marsala-it's phenomenal!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed out on James Island and wanted to try this place based on the reviews. It is a little hidden. It was very busy but we were able to sit outside or at the bar immediately, we chose the bar as it was a little too cool outside. The bar tender was terrific, I don't rember his name but he was very friendly. The food was al ittle on the pricey side, and it was OK. Being an Italian I can be a little picky. I was hoping to be really wowed but was not.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

What a great find behind the Walgreen's on Folly Rd. We got tired of all the fried seafood at Folly Beach and were very happy to find this great neighborhood place. I had the best eggplant Parm ever, and my husband had pasta marinera with sausage. The service was friendly and efficient, and the atmosphere relaxing. They even have a small patio and outdoor bar behind a privacy fence for dining.