“Delicious Four Course Meals Served in Small Portions”
Review of McCrady's Tavern

McCrady's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
McCrady's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 916 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: East Bay & Broad
Barbados
“Delicious Four Course Meals Served in Small Portions”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is an elegant restaurant with delicious food. The four course menu offers something for everyone. To start we had the shrimp, small morsels with big flavor. A must! My second course was trout. It was crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. Melt in your mouth delicious! My husband chose the apple salad and then the pork as his main, which he thoroughly enjoyed. My main was the tiny steak. The steak was good but not as tender as tenderloin and I did not like the black eggplant sauce that was served with it. I found it to be bitter. My cheese course was lovely with local cheeses and three sauces. The perfect ending to my meal. My husband chose the frozen pear dessert which I too enjoyed. Our service was excellent. I definitely recommend McCradys for a fine dining experience.

• Visited October 2013

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Worth a four (4!) wait and > $100 per person...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We didn't have reservations and arrived to find the restaurant completely filled and two-deep at the bar. I would rate them a five but they had absolutely no seating accommodations for the queue. We literally stood at the bar for 2 hours, had difficulty even getting a glass of wine, and then shared one bar stool for next 2 hours. We ended up seated at a big community table, which we were grateful for after watching amazing dishes being carried to tables. We did snag a few glasses of wine--relying on bartender's recommendation. The food was perhaps the best expensive meal I've ever had in my life (after Edmundo's in Eastchester, NY - many. many years ago). We were somewhat surprised by our final tally - only 2 drinkers in a party of 3 and we split an appetizer, had three entrees, and split a dessert - was over $300 without tip! Lesson learned - we didn't know the price of the wine we were drinking by the glass. Woo-hoo. Still, despite the wait and the sticker shock, the evening was worth every penny.

• Visited June 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Yummy”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Chilled English Pea Soup and Masami Ranch Beef were wonderful. A little stuffy for us Okies but enjoyed the food nonetheless.

• Visited March 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Wedding Location”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My daughter got married upstairs here on October 5, 2013. We held her reception here for over 120 people. I was disappointed in the food TREMENDOUSLY!!!!!!!!!! Given the reputation of McCrady's, I felt many things were lacking during the evening. The management was not responsive and that in itself is a MAJOR problem when you are spending so much money. Aside from the quality of the food, the serving staff was not friendly, seemed overwhelmed and made it almost impossible to get a full plate of food.
Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend that you spell out every detail if you wish to hold a wedding at this location. Don't be fooled by "estimates" as they are WAY OFF in theirs!!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Well deserving of its reputation as one of Charleston's Best.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

McCradys did not disappoint albeit high expectations. Easily ranks up there with FIG and I would say it's better than Husk.

Visited October 2013