“A winner!”
Review of McCrady's Tavern

McCrady's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
McCrady's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 916 Restaurants in Charleston
Cross street: East Bay & Broad
Highland Park, Illinois
“A winner!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner at McCrady's and would definitely eat there again. It is a beautifully furnished restaurant and conversation friendly. The service is impeccable--the servers so knowledgeable about the food being served. I had the four course meal and my husband ordered his dinner ala carte. The food was delicious and the presentation beautiful. It was a very enjoyable evening.

Visited May 2013

sumerville
“Nice place”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I went to Mccrady's for a group dinner. The service was great and the food was good, but not exceptional. Very pricy.

• Visited May 2013
Ojai, California
“Fine dining heaven...after a devilish first impression.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had just visited Fort Sumter and didn't have time before our 6:45 pm reservation to change clothes. When the maitre d" asked my husband if he wanted a black or white napkin--that threw us a bit. I guess a black napkin will prevent lint from gathering on dark pants--we had never heard that one in 40 years of restaurant dining. We wondered if our casual attire was going to make us wish we had made another choice. While most female diners looked great, we only saw two men in sports jackets...we were totally comfortable in our tourist attire. (But we weren't in jeans and shorts--look at bit better than that!!)

Then the menu prices were a shock since Open Table priced at at $31-$50, the only thing we saw were for 4 courses for $65 or ten courses for $110. Then the waiter said "Oh, we do have an a la carte menu too". My husband decided to only have an appetizer at $18. I was so undecided between the trout with fava beans and the lamp with local loquats that I decided to go for the four course $65 menu. That way I could have both in small portions.

I loved everything. The first dish was a marinated cucumber (not a pickle, the waiter advised) with the most exquisite mix of sweet, sour and seafood flavors. I can't even describe it except..unusual and delicious.The trout was seasoned with a divine lemon sauce. The lamb with loquat mustard was like a chutney accent.Since I eat gluten free, my only dessert option was the cheese tray. All the portions were small, but perfect for me after too much Southern comfort food that previous two days.

The tavern was built in 1788, George Washington ate here, and it is key in Charleston history. Yeah, it was expensive, but I would highly recommend it for a fine dining experience while you are in town.

• Visited May 2013
NY
“Dee-lish!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Excellent food and service. Dining here is an activity in itself. The food comes accompanied by a review of the ingredients by one of your servers. Which is a great idea so that you can savor every ingredient as you're eating it. Beautiful atmosphere too.

• Visited April 2013
El Segundo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“delicious food & intimate atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The husband and i had dinner here the night we eloped and were impressed by the delicious food, classy but relaxed atmosphere and impeccable service. we will definitely be back!

Visited May 2013