“Affordable Charleston”
Review of Blossom

Blossom
Reserve with OpenTable
Blossom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 933 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
Description: Blossom, located on historic East Bay Street in downtown Charleston, S.C serves American cuisine highlighting the Lowcountry’s best seafood. Executive chef Adam Close and his team offer simple, clean dishes, featuring local, seasonal ingredients sourced from area fishermen and farmers, such as Jumbo Lump Crab Tostadas with corn relish, avocado mousse, and sweet chili sauce; Seared Scallops with bacon & fingerling potato ragout, garlic spinach, and brown butter vinaigrette; and pan roasted Mahi Mahi with rock shrimp, creamy rice pirloo, and tomato butter. Open for lunch on Monday through Saturday, dinner nightly, and Sunday brunch, Blossom also offers seating on its charming patio.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Blossom isn't written up as a local "fine dining" establishment, but it is a great place to get a very good low country meal with friendly staff and pretty environment. The Mahi last night was one of the best pieces of fish I have had all season. Jeff at the bar also pours a good drink. Give it a try and save 30 percent off the more famous spots.

There are newer reviews for Blossom

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Blossom is far and away one of my favorite restaurants in Charleston. The food is always amazing, the service is spot in and the atmosphere is charming. Be sure to try this place for Sunday brunch! Try the chicken and doughnuts.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

From previous reviews, I have noted that my wife go out to eat a lot. We recently moved to South Carolina and we're trying new restaurants. Last week we tried Cypress which was absolutely fantastic. The waiter recommended Blossoms which was down the street from Cypress. We invited clients from out of town and I was embarrased. The service was atrocious. The waitress was consistently trying to take dishes from our table when we hadn't finished. I ordered as did my client and it was a little piece in an empty dish with no garnish at all. I ordered a side of asparagus that came in a separate dish which could have been placed alongside a lonely piece of flounder. People that had come in asked for our opinion and I flat out told them not to waste their money.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This was a combo business / friends/family dinner. I had some business guests from out of the country. One of them had a relative who had just moved to South Carolina, and drove down. None of the other five in the party had ever been to Charleston.

After walking around town, I suggested Blossom. Some members of the party were vegetarian or could not eat pork. Our waiter was very accommodating and helpful to them in making selections.

Most of the party had fish. I had the mountain river trout which was excellent. It came with the skin on, but they way it was prepared, it was very easy to eat the whole thing. The field pea & blue crab succotash was delicious. Everyone else in the party enjoyed their meal as well.

I don't typically order deserts, especially creamy ones. One member of the party ordered creme brulee. I tried a spoonful (which I often do). It was probably the best creme brulee I've ever had (not that I have it regularly).

My only complaint would be that our table was in the back with no view and a strong air conditioning vent. 95% of the restaurant had better seating than we did.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Each time we visit Charleston we have what we think is our favorite dining experience ever. This years honor goes to Blossom. We've walked past Blossom many times since it is near our hotel and never ventured in until this year. The interior is bright and warm and the service was friendly. Based on the variety of foods we selected I think you can pick anything you want on the menu (loved the specials) and you won't be disappointed. Blossom will be on our list next year in addition to our anniversary favorite Hall's.