“A wonderful experience!”
Review of Blossom

Blossom
Reserve with OpenTable
Blossom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
Description: Blossom, located on historic East Bay Street in downtown Charleston, S.C serves American cuisine highlighting the Lowcountry’s best seafood. Executive chef Adam Close and his team offer simple, clean dishes, featuring local, seasonal ingredients sourced from area fishermen and farmers, such as Jumbo Lump Crab Tostadas with corn relish, avocado mousse, and sweet chili sauce; Seared Scallops with bacon & fingerling potato ragout, garlic spinach, and brown butter vinaigrette; and pan roasted Mahi Mahi with rock shrimp, creamy rice pirloo, and tomato butter. Open for lunch on Monday through Saturday, dinner nightly, and Sunday brunch, Blossom also offers seating on its charming patio.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Upon arrival, the hostess was very kind and was prepared for us (We had made a 745 reservation at 7:15, via open table). My husband and I both had the she-crab soup, which was quite tasty...not too heavy. I had the skillet seared scallops, which was quite filling, while my husband had the fried shrimp. The meal was completed with an on-site raspberry sorbet and a to-go package with a light lemon meringue tart.
The presentation of the dishes was good.
More than that, the service was excellent. Our server, Glennie was personable, attentive and efficient. She had a careful eye for detail (we never had an empty water glass!)
Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling or living in Charleston.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I'm a local and Blossom is my favorite restaurant by far. The food is phenomenal, and the atmosphere is very nice without being stuffy as is the case with some other favorite Charleston places.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Best fried chicken ever! From entrées to sides everything was prepared well and delivered promptly. I would suggest Blossom to anyone visiting Charleston!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have gone to Blossoms often on our trips to Charleston. The food is consistently excellent and so is the service. It can be a bit noisy if you have a center table. Ask for a booth., they are spacious and much more quiet.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had lunch at Blossom while waiting for members of my family to join me in Charleston. I ordered the Lump Crab & Fried Green Tomato BLT sandwich. It was good but I would not order it again. It was a under-seasoned but had great texture. The service was great and that was a redeeming quality of the restaurant . Since I dined alone I would give Blossom another chance.