“Nice family brunch”
Review of Blossom

Blossom
Reserve with OpenTable
Blossom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
Description: Blossom, located on historic East Bay Street in downtown Charleston, S.C serves American cuisine highlighting the Lowcountry’s best seafood. Executive chef Adam Close and his team offer simple, clean dishes, featuring local, seasonal ingredients sourced from area fishermen and farmers, such as Jumbo Lump Crab Tostadas with corn relish, avocado mousse, and sweet chili sauce; Seared Scallops with bacon & fingerling potato ragout, garlic spinach, and brown butter vinaigrette; and pan roasted Mahi Mahi with rock shrimp, creamy rice pirloo, and tomato butter. Open for lunch on Monday through Saturday, dinner nightly, and Sunday brunch, Blossom also offers seating on its charming patio.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to brunch at Blossom with our three kids, all under 8. At first I was concerned because the restaurant is a nicer than the places we typically go with our kids but it was fine. The kids had their own menu and crayons and many families were also there. Our food, ok, with the exception of mine, was really good. I ordered the duck confit skillet - I've probably watched one too many restaurant shows on tv - and despite the server trying to steer me in another direction, I went with this dish. For me, it was kind of over done and I found myself staring at plates that other people had, plus stealing from my husband's food.. ok and my kids too. The rest of our food was very good and that includes the desert we ordered... red velvet bread pudding, which was really yummy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,562)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stopped here on a recommendation from our resort (Wild Dunes) and we were not disappointed. We were a party of 11 with adults and teens for dinner. The restaurant was accommodating and very nice inside. The wait staff was excellent and everything was above average. The food was delicious. The she crab soup was voted a favorite here after having it at two other restaurants. Also the grits were amazing here. So fluffy and tasty. Can't say a bad thing! Very nice restaurant!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

On a business trip, I stopped here on recommendation from family who are local. Blossom is a sister restaurant to Magnolia, and a little less stuffy / relaxing for a solo stop between appointments. It was nice and quiet for a Monday lunchtime, and I opted for the shrimp and grits. I was pleased theirs did not have sausage, ham or bacon, which admittedly is hard to find in the deep South. The shrimp were lovely and the grits creamy dreamy, plus a dollop of red peppers. Loved it, highly recommend! It's now my #1 bowl of shrimp and grits I've ever had! A coveted place in my book :)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

A favorite place of ours. The service is wonderful and variety of appetizers was great. A special place to go for a great meal.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Do not let the upscale appearance scare you off from eating here if you aren't dressed up. You will see people dressed very casually (shorts/tee shirt) as well as people who are somewhat dressed up (slacks/dress). For those of you who enjoy dining outside they do have a patio. This patio even has a retractable awning that comes out to protect you should one of the famous Charleston pop-up showers happen. This is a pricier restaurant but well worth it. My husband had a steak which he said was tender and juicy and I had their duck which was absolutely delicious. Both dishes were cooked to perfection as well as the side items. Our server was knowledgeable, courteous and attentive. If you do not have reservations I would suggest that you arrive a little earlier (around 5). We did not have reservations but it was not at all crowded when we arrived so we were seated immediately. However, the longer we were there the busier it got. If you are a couple and have alcohol with your meal look to spend no less that $50. But look to have a delicious meal as well. Would definitely recommend Blossom as a casual evening/romantic meal time setting. Definitely would recommend to friends/family.