“Unexpected Surprise”
Review of Bocci's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Bocci's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cumberland Street
Transit: Carta and Trolley stops are one block south at the corner of Meeting St and Cumberland St.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Unexpected Surprise”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and two friends happen to be in the neighborhood and decided that since we didn’t have reservations and the restaurant look slow we’d try and be seated. They let us in and we were led to our table. Of note, the staff seemed young and while knowledgeable I would say inexperienced. For example, the hostess wore a typical black shirt but very bright green shorts. The servers were dress in all black but most of the uniforms bore the unfitted look many of today’s youth embrace. Not baggy or hanging below the waist, just not fitting well. However as I said they were very knowledgeable in the menu and to my surprise the wine list as well. The atmosphere is antique Charleston true the nearly 200 year age of the building. Rustic but at the same time charming. The most remarkable thing about this place is even after the dinner crowd came in we could still talk in a normal voice and be heard by everyone at our table. The dining area is small but I observed it made for pleasurable conversation between the guests. The food was excellent. I had the pork which was cooked to perfection, two of the ladies in our group had the flounder, and while one found it dry and salty (her taste) the other loved it. They even swapped out the one meal for another quickly and with issues what so ever. In all I think it is a great date place. I probably would not go there for a business meal but to just enjoy each other’s conversation. It’s a keeper. Oh yea the portions are large. If you’re really hungry try the lasagna. It’s a mountain of greatness.

• Visited April 2014

Brick
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My sister and I had dinner at Bocci's on March 23, 2014. We started with an appetizer of Fried Mozarella. This was by far the best Fried Mozarella we have ever had. My sister had the Tortellini and loved it. I had the Flounder Involtini which was abosuletly fantastic.
I highly recommend Bocci's for an excellent Italian meal.

• Visited March 2014
Piedmont, South Carolina
“Authentic and fun!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My hubby and I visited here again because it's where we ate on the evening that he proposed to me, and with my hubby being Italian and Italian being my fave food, of course we picked a good Italian restaurant. This time, though, I didn't go with my usual, and I got the Pizza Bianco. It was made correctly but I did not enjoy the taste as much as I thought I would have.The gorgonzola cheese was quite strong for me, and I ended up only eating my salad and the bread and oil they served (which was fine because I was full then anyway). When a staff manager noticed that I wasn't eating it, she kindly asked if the chef could make me something else, and I informed her that that was very kind but that I really was full and that my husband could eat the pizza later. My hubby's Chicken Parmesan was just delicious however! ;) I tried a few bites of his.
It's a fun, restored, well-decorated maybe quaint-style restaurant that we look forward to visiting again!

Visited April 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
“Seafood scampi!!!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat near the local theater. We stumbled upon this place and decided to give it a try. When we arrived, they asked us if we had reservations, and we said no. One lady gave us a strange look while the other said no problem. We were quickly seated. I ordered the seafood scampi which probably the best I have ever had. It was made with shrimp, scallops, mussels, and a homemade sauce.

Visited April 2014
Norfolk, New York
“Soggy Pizza”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was a tough restaurant for me. I can't eat pasta and just about everything on the menu is pasta. I went here because my friend said she loved this place and wanted to eat there. I decided on the pizza. I ordered pepperoni, mushrooms, and olive. I got peppers, mushrooms and olives. I was fine with that and didnt complain. The crust of the pizza was nice and brown and crisp, and the pizza looked really good. But when I cut into is the center was soggy and uncooked. I just ate around that part. For the most part the pizza was ok, but would not order again.

• Visited April 2014