“Happy Noodle”
Review of Riso Noodle House

Riso Noodle House
Ranked #336 of 984 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Simply put, they have some GREAT noodle dishes here. Clean restaurant, easy access and parking...and really great noodles!!!

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

I'm a fan of Asian noodle dishes. I've lived by this place for years, always looked, never stopped. Worth the stop. Cute, endearing, nice staff. Yummy.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

We heard there were new owners so we stopped in to check it out based on good reviews we had seen. We were not disappointed. The Basil rolls (summer rolls) were very tasty. My partner had the Dried Beef Chow Fun. Excellent flavors and generous portion. I had the Szichuan "Supper" Spicy Chicken. I was forewarned that it was very bony...and it was. But it had an awesome flavor albeit with way too many red peppers. Although we ate lots of the peppers, when I gave up there were probably still 30 to 40 peppers left in the bowl. The house soup was tasty and the fried rice pretty bland...but helped to cut spicy heat from the chicken. The service was very friendly. All in all we were most impressed and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

Very good Asian food. Very friendly staff.

Much better than the takeout Chinese restaurants.

If you like Pho, their Pho Nami is excellent. Their General Tso's Chicken is also better than most.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

My daily lament is Charleston's lack of good Chinese food. And I don't know why it took us 2-3 years to return (maybe the strip shopping center location) but Riso has changed hands and is now run by an energetic Chinese couple who are really working hard to put out some good food. We had one mid-afternoon meal (NICE: they are open 7 days a week and do not close between dinner & lunch) and enjoyed our udon (super hot from the wok) and soba. Planning on returning very soon for the duck (in brine) and sample some of her other dishes. FYI she (chef) worked at Phuong for awhile and is also offering pho now; might be worth a try but I think Chinese probably better bet. Beer and wine available. Funky city atmosphere; not yuppie. This might become one of our regular haunts. Check it out for yourselves.