“Better than expected!”

Middleton Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Middleton Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 966 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Middleton Place Restaurant strives to integrate the freshest local ingredients in a blended style of traditional Southern cuisine with a contemporary edge. A lead supporter of South Carolina farmers, about fifty percent of the Restaurant's dinner menu is either from the plantation garden or locally sourced seafood and poultry. Nestled among centuries old live oak trees, Middleton Place Restaurant offers an unrivaled combination of historic and present day delights. General Admission to Middleton Place required for Lunch service only.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Lunch as part of our day at Middleton was better than expected. There was no wait for a table at 12:30, and while the furnishings are nothing special, the views are really beautiful. The menu offers very authentic southern lunch fare - we had the shrimp salad and fried green tomato and bacon sandwiches. Both came with two sides! Definitely plan this as part of your visit to Middleton.

2  Thank Jen D

Reviewed August 14, 2014

My wife had a salad and a beer. I had a beer and the pulled pork sandwich. Definitely a lot of food and very very good! Highly recommend. A bit pricey for lunch but worth it. Beautiful setting. The air-conditioning was highly appreciated (it was 94 felt like 100). Lovey grounds to walk. Fairly cool (good shade). Not what we expected. These gardens were made of trees and shrubbery. Oldest garden in America. Well worth the price. The trees are magnificent. Some oaks are at least a few hundred years old. Good way to spend 5 hours or so. They have tours and buggy rides etc. We did our own thing.

2  Thank strats_8
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The dinner itself as excellent. I had a great steak and my wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner in a beautiful environment. The service was as good as any other you'll find at high end spots. Best food we had during our visit to Charleston.

It's also a great deal to get access to the grounds for several hours before and after dinner. The grounds have wonderful gardens are great to talk a walk and find quiet romantic spots at one of the ponds or by the Ashley River.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

After a hot day touring the plantation my fiance and I decided to check out the cute restaurant on the property. While we weren't starving we decided to have a seat at the bar and get cocktails. We enjoyed talking to Greg whom we assume was the manager. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the food, drinks and plantation history. It was a wonderful day and we will be back for sure!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I guess when I hear soul food, I'm not thinking of low country soul food. Beautiful restaurant but not what I expected