“A Gem”

Middleton Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Middleton Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 898 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Middleton Place Restaurant strives to integrate the freshest local ingredients in a blended style of traditional Southern cuisine with a contemporary edge. A lead supporter of South Carolina farmers, about fifty percent of the Restaurant's dinner menu is either from the plantation garden or locally sourced seafood and poultry. Nestled among centuries old live oak trees, Middleton Place Restaurant offers an unrivaled combination of historic and present day delights. General Admission to Middleton Place required for Lunch service only.
“A Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is our last day in Charleston. We had decided to visit a couple of the plantations before heading back to Florida. My husband and I enjoyed a tour at the Middleton plantation house and followed if by a long walk through the gardens and grounds of the plantation. Before we realized it, it was 6pm and we still had 5 hours of driving ahead of us. We decided to have dinner at the Middleton Place before starting our drive south. I can not tell you how happy we did it. It was by far our favorite meal throughout our trip. My husband ordered the Hanger steak and I ordered the grouper special. Both dishes were outstanding. My husband's hanger steak was tender and cooked to perfection. It was served with crispy finger potatoes, spinach with smoked bacon in a white bur blanc sauce. My dish was a large portion of grilled grouper over a spinach soufflé with squash and small round crispy potatoes. It was exceptional. My husband asked me to choose our dessert. However, being true to me I could not decide between the torte or the peach bread pudding. Jason, an amazing server, said he would surprise us. I was thankful he did. He served us the peach bread pudding and gave shared us why he had chosen it for us. Jason was kind, polite, and attentive. I wish there were more Jason's in our world. The view of the large oak was breathtaking. The atmosphere of the restaurant was elegant and very charming. I wish I lived closer so that I could have the pleasure of enjoying Jason and his magnificent service; and the wonderful delicacies the Middleton Place Restaurant has to offer. Exceptional. A must do while in Charleston.

• Visited June 2014

Glendora, California, United States
“Beautiful step back in time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were on our way to Savannah and decided to stop at Middleton Place. We opted to take the carriage ride which we thoroughly enjoyed. The carriage ended the tour right in front of the restaurant so we decided to take a chance and try it. OH My! We had a delicious fried chicken southern buffet! All the food was amazing! We really enjoyed our experience and had a nice leisurely walk back to our car. The scenery was wonderful and the lunch so memorable!

Visited May 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Southern buffet in beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

The all-you-can eat buffet lunch ($18) at Middleton Place outside Charleston was the best meal I had there, (altho I didn't eat at any of the famous Charleston restaurants). Great Southern cuisine, and lots of it, in a beautiful setting, both indoors and out. No wait and very good service.

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“nothing special but convenient when you are on site”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

nice lunch buffet with lowcountry specialties, solid but nothing gourmet. very convenient when you spend the day on the plantation.

Visited June 2014
Charleston
“The best meal and service I can remember having in Charleston!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted to go to dinner to celebrate the end of a busy week and we could not have chosen somewhere better! The scenery around the restaurant was gorgeous. Walking in, the hostess Keren was extremely friendly and led us to our table, pointing out a rise in the floor so we wouldn't stumble. We were greeted by the manager, Greg, who was also very friendly and accommodating. Our server, Bryan, was very kind and answered all of my questions fully and clearly. We had the scallops and sausage & potatoes as appetizers, the surf and turf special (spectacular!) and the hanger steak as entrees, and finished with the Huguenot torte with butter pecan ice cream. It should be a requirement for everyone to try the torte before they leave! We both left feeling full and happy. We will be going back as often as possible to enjoy the company of the staff and the fresh, delicious food!

• Visited June 2014