“Outstanding food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Middleton Place Restaurant

Middleton Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Middleton Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Middleton Place Restaurant strives to integrate the freshest local ingredients in a blended style of traditional Southern cuisine with a contemporary edge. A lead supporter of South Carolina farmers, about fifty percent of the Restaurant's dinner menu is either from the plantation garden or locally sourced seafood and poultry. Nestled among centuries old live oak trees, Middleton Place Restaurant offers an unrivaled combination of historic and present day delights. General Admission to Middleton Place required for Lunch service only.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I went to Middleton Place Restaurant this weekend with a group of friends. Despite the large party, I found the service to be spot on. A good eye for detail, timely refills on beverages, attentive, but not pushy. When the meal came, everyone was extremely pleased. I had Beef Tenderloins and my friends had the same or Shrimp and Grits. One of my friends with the Shrimp and Grits said it was the best he had ever had, besides his wife's!

I would highly recommend!
Chris

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Christopher H

North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“A most delicious and elegant meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our dinner at Middleton Place was the highlight of our week in Charleston. Every aspect of the evening exceeded our expectations. The squash casserole appetizer was delicious. I had the duck breast, and it was truly one of the best meals I have ever had. My husband was very pleased with the spicy catfish stew. Our server Greg was helpful and attentive. His wine suggestions were perfect.

Our dinner reminded us of the wonderful meals we have had at our favorite inn, Rabbit Hill in Vermont. Middleton Place is the only place we have ever been that could match that quality.

Charleston, South Carolina
“One of the best meals of my life. Really!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

First I must acknowledge that I work at Middleton Place, but nowhere near the restaurant. Fellow workers and friends will tell you how hard-to-please I am. And so I'm surprised and delighted to find that the best meal I've had since 2003 was at Middleton Place Restaurant last Monday. Our lunch for four: shrimp and grits, catfish stew, fried chicken and the vegetable plate. Best fried chicken ever (my choice) although the others claimed that their choice was the best. You're in for a treat. And if you don't agree, you know where I work!

1 Thank MaureenLCBMM
New Hampshire
“Loved Every Bite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

It was quiet the night we went to the Middleton Place Restaurant, which was good for us as we did not have a reservation. Still, Greg B. was very gracious and found us a table that was very nice. We were a bit tired and perhaps grouchy when we arrived. By the time we left we were on Cloud Nine and couldn't have been happier. Turns out, Greg B was our waiter, he was very knowledgeable about the menu and recommended a good wine that I really enjoyed. We both had Lowcountry Boil. It was outstanding. Every bite was so good. The sausage added a real kick to the incredible seafood, scallops, shrimp, mussels, corn and more, all were delicious. There was only one other fellow, also Greg, working that night. Hosting and helping out constantly, making sure we were happy. They were a great team and really made our night enjoyable. The only thing we weren't crazy about was the rye bread, and it came out without any butter, though nice and warm. That was okay though, we were so full when we left I am glad I didn't eat bread! Thanks for an excellent meal and a really nice time. Love the atmosphere of the place too.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Tasty food in a chilly tent!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We had Thanksgiving dinner here. While the food was good the area where we were seated was very cold... I had asked when I made reservation and was assured it would be very warm.. NOT!!! we were seated against the outside of tent which was super draft. Couldn't even enjoy our meal because we were hurrying to get to warmth of our car.. The only complaint of the meal was the choices of dessert- pecan pie and pumpkin.. Only 2 of our party like the options.. The meal was 50$ a person- !!!!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles