“The BEST food and service bar none” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bear E Patch Cafe West
Ranked #169 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Summerville, South Carolina
“The BEST food and service bar none”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a small town, Christian family-owned diner. All the food is cooked fresh to order, the pies and cakes are baked fresh every day and the service is always excellent. The prices are ridiculously low for the amount of food you get and the quality. My favorite is the raisin french toast for breakfast and the sweet potatoe fries, but I always have something different and I have never been disappointed. If you visit West Ashley, visit this resturant.

Visited August 2012

Amman, Jordan
“Highly recommend - great diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I loved our experience here. The food and service were excellent. My husband had one of the omelettes with grits and biscuits, and I had the turkey burger. Our server had lovely manners and made us feel very welcome. It's popular with locals, which is usually a good sign. There are healthy options on the menu too. Don't be fooled by the exterior; this is a gem.

Buffalo, New York
“Huge disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Was originally really excited to have such a wide variety diner down the road. I had the crab cake melt for nine dollars that was the thinnest cake I have ever seen in my entire life. It was flattened almost completely flat with no discernible crab in it whatsoever. My boyfriend tried it and thought it was a flattened hashbrown. I've never been so disappointed in a crab "cake" in my life. My bfs philly was okay, bland but without serious problems. Never again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Where the locals eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Try this place on the way out to the gardens or while in town. It is like a waffle house that is very well done with good service. Full breakfast and lunch menu is served all day and it is not very costly. Worth the time, money, and effort to go there.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, FL
“My Favorite Place in Charleston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

I Love this place! I have had the breakfast skillet with sausage which was great! Huge breakfast for $8. I have also had the monte cristo sammy. That was great. My favorite thing here was the potatoe salad! I don't know how they make it but it is sooooo good. I highly reccomend this place. It is a hidden gem. People here are very friendly too!

• Visited July 2011