“The service was HORRIBLE.”
Review of Rio Grande

Rio Grande
Ranked #413 of 911 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mexican
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The service was HORRIBLE.”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I had lunch here. No one greeted us, our server took forever to get our drinks. He forgot the refills, was standing in front of other customers talking with the manager, laughing, playing on his phone. Then after we finally got our check, we were walking out and there was a server RIGHT by the door and he DIDNT EVEN OPEN THE DOOR FOR US! ughhhhh, worst service EVER. I will never step foot back in that door

1 Thank WhitWack

Charleston, South Carolina
“LOVE IT!!!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I moved to Charleston over 5 years ago and this was and has been one of the best mexican restaurant. However, take note, I'm not sure if the smaller restaurant on Magwood (in West Ashley) is still open, but they have opened a beatiful location and larger in Mount Pleasant off Long Point. Same staff, who is always friendly, same great food, they even have a nice patio out back now. Love this place!!! A must try if you like mexican!!!!!

• Visited December 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good food, Good Value”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The Rio Grande restaurant is tucked away in a little strip off Magwood Drive in the West Ashley area of Charleston. They serve some of the best Mexican food around - and lots of it! Some notable dishes include their pork carnitas, the Rio Grande steak special, taco salad, and of course the salsa brought to each table as you are seated. Their margaritas are always a disappointment. I think they make them up in a big batch and then serve so quality is mostly lacking. Very little tequila. However, other than that, the food tastes great. The service is prompt - almost too prompt sometimes. This is a family dining experience so be prepared for lots of groups, and little kids. The ambiance is ok. All in all - great Mexican food at decent prices.

• Visited August 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The food is great. I suspect the drinks are a bit weak.”
Reviewed December 31, 2007

The food is great. I suspect the drinks are a bit weak.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook