“I was doubtful ... but it was good. Really good.”
Review of S & S Cafeteria

S & S Cafeteria
Ranked #526 of 951 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We took my wife's grandmother here because it's her favorite place. But I was doubtful. Boy, was I wrong. It was good, inexpensive, and the service was just outstanding. It was wonderful for children, too. A true locals place in Charleston.

3  Thank uniter

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had never eaten at S&S Cafeterias. Food home-cooked, served up hot and tasty. The establishment is a little dated, but the food made up for it. The staff was excellent! Friendly, warm. Pretty nice experience!

2  Thank RayUsa
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This place is a must for southern cooking when I'm in town. The mac and cheese is awesome, lots of fresh veggies, many entrees to choose from, fried chicken is tops and do not miss the desserts, eat the custard pie there and take a piece of the coconut home!

3  Thank spazen34
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I went to S&S for the first time recently. I specifically went there because I hadn't had liver and onions for years, and read that S&S served it.

Got a "meat and 2 sides" for $6.99. The liver was how my mother used to make it: thin and quite well cooked. I had spinach and cheese and mac and cheese for sides. They came in those little bowls. I had my choice of a variety of salads and other options, each of which, carfeteria style, would have been extra.

There were quite a few other choices of main dishes. They even have a phone number you can call to find out what's on the menu for the day.

S&S is a place to go if it's time to eat and you don't want to spend a lot of money. Sort of the opposite of the "fit for foodie" category some review sites have. Not really great, not bad ... just there.

3  Thank Paul W
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We have been customers of S and S for a long time. The food is good and reasonably priced. It's like being in a family kitchen. We know the waitresses by first name. It's a warm and friendly atmosphere. We are very distressed to learn that you are closing this one at Richland Mall in Columbia, SC. Please reconsider. Thank you