“Hidden gem!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
USA
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had never eaten at S&S Cafeterias. Food home-cooked, served up hot and tasty. The establishment is a little dated, but the food made up for it. The staff was excellent! Friendly, warm. Pretty nice experience!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank RayUsa

Jacksonville
“Like a trip back in time”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This place is a must for southern cooking when I'm in town. The mac and cheese is awesome, lots of fresh veggies, many entrees to choose from, fried chicken is tops and do not miss the desserts, eat the custard pie there and take a piece of the coconut home!

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank spazen34
Asheville, North Carolina
“It's food like my mother used to make”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I went to S&S for the first time recently. I specifically went there because I hadn't had liver and onions for years, and read that S&S served it.

Got a "meat and 2 sides" for $6.99. The liver was how my mother used to make it: thin and quite well cooked. I had spinach and cheese and mac and cheese for sides. They came in those little bowls. I had my choice of a variety of salads and other options, each of which, carfeteria style, would have been extra.

There were quite a few other choices of main dishes. They even have a phone number you can call to find out what's on the menu for the day.

S&S is a place to go if it's time to eat and you don't want to spend a lot of money. Sort of the opposite of the "fit for foodie" category some review sites have. Not really great, not bad ... just there.

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank Paul W
Columbia, SC
“We love S and S Cafeteria in Columbia, SC. PLEASE DON'T CLOSE.”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We have been customers of S and S for a long time. The food is good and reasonably priced. It's like being in a family kitchen. We know the waitresses by first name. It's a warm and friendly atmosphere. We are very distressed to learn that you are closing this one at Richland Mall in Columbia, SC. Please reconsider. Thank you

• Visited January 2011
Minnesota
“Great Food, Fast!”
Reviewed October 31, 2008

On our way towards the airport we were looking for one last Southern Meal and happened upon this busy Cafeteria for Lunch. They had great quality food and large portions! It was definately a great find for us and I will recommend to others!

2 Thank Mariposa1020