“Phenomenal Sushi”
Review of Nakato Japanese Steak House - CLOSED

Nakato Japanese Steak House
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 7, 2016

I went here with a friend while visiting Charleston and I am so glad that we ventured to this restaurant. I ordered 4 Sushi rolls requesting all of them deep fried except for the veggie rolls. My friends hibachi was delish as well ;-)

1  Thank OverjoyedK

Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

We had a large group for Father's Day. The chef was pretty personable and good and the food tasted great.

However the waitress needs hospitality training. One couple ordered sake and the waitress brought out a decanter. When questioned about the size the waitress said it was a "large". However the couple said they had ordered a 30 oz size. Rather than getting them that size, or bring an amount to supplement what she brought she ARGUED with them!

Someone ordered an amber beer but was given an amber cider. Again she ARGUED with the person!

Another person asked specifically about Happy Hour prices and ordered several Scotches. However the bill listed a very high priced Scotch. When questioned, the waitress stated they only had one Scotch, and it was premium. The patron would NOT have ordered a premium Scotch and emphasized that she had specifically asked about Happy Hour but the waitress again ARGUED and was adamant about the bill, when what she should have done was apologized and taken the matter to her manager.

This waitress's lack of good customer service skills really marred our experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2016 via mobile

Very friendly staff. I went for my birthday and they sang and danced for me and brought me a small cake. The food was delicious..we had the steak, lobster and shrimp dinner. It was cooked to perfection in front of us. Our chef was great and did a small show at the end. They have happy hour until 7. Place was nice and clean.

1  Thank Leticia Y
Reviewed October 23, 2015

Great place to eat sushi. It was fresh, tasty, pretty to look at. And a great service. Will recommend .

Reviewed August 8, 2015 via mobile

This place does not look like much when you pull into the parking lot nor when you walk inside. Yes, Nakato could use some updates. However, the service was great and the food was delicious. For the quality and quantity of food, I would have expected to pay more though. I will say we all ate sushi, so this review is not based on the hibachi. Maybe on our next visit we'll give that a try.