“OMG don't look down!”

TBonz Gill & Grill
Ranked #215 of 946 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: TBONZ WEST ASHLEY: temporarily closed for renovations as of August 20th. We will reopen in two weeks! Our name says we're famous for tender, juicy steaks. But TBonz also serves a complete menu to whet any appetite. From fresh, local seafood to low country specialties, customers will savor the flavor in our casual atmosphere. All of our TBonz Gill & Grill steakhouse restaurants feature a family-friendly dining room. Our kidz menu for children 12 and under offers small portions of classic children's favorites.Our daily Happy Hour in the bar attracts locals and tourists alike. Enjoy one of our award-winning Homegrown Ales on tap that complement any meal. We highly recommend our signature appetizer Tommy's Texas Cheese Fries Deluxe.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We first went to T-bonz 20 years ago when we lived in West Ashley. We would go almost weekly as the prices were fair and the quality of the food was good. Stopped today on our way to Middleton Place and oh what a surprise! The carpet (if you can call it that) is black and you can almost make out the patterns of the carpet at edges of the booths. It has to be the same industrial carpet as when we first went there in 1994. The booths and decor ar exactly the same too. The food was bland as can be but still cheap. I can't understand how the health department can allow the unclean carpet here. The bathrooms are falling apart too. The faucet on the sink came off in my wife's hand. It has the look like it will be closing soon.

3  Thank Laceytom
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at TBonz Gill & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for dining with us at TBonz Gill and Grill and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. We will be reviewing your comments closely, as our goal has always centered around providing exceptional food, paired with an inviting and warm atmosphere. Clearly, your recent experience did not display our attention to these goals, but we would still love another chance to serve you again soon and we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We sat on the patio as usual and service was quick in the beginning. we ordered fried pickles as an appetiser and I ordered the ribs for dinner. the app. came out quickly and as we were finishing it (about 20 mins after ordering) the manager came to the table to tell me that thay had run out of ribs. I said ok no big deal and ordered the ribeye medium about 10 minuets went by and our dinner arrived. well what i got was the driest well done rib eye i have ever seen in my life,steamed vegatibles that looked like they had been steaming for hours. so I ate the onion straws (the only thing that was good on my plate) and two bites of that nasty dry steak.. We ran out of tea half way through but didnt see anyone til long after we were done eating. although my dogs ate good that night I don't think we'll be eating here again.

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at TBonz Gill & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for dining with us at TBonz Gill and Grill and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. Our goal at TBonz always centers around providing our guests with exceptional food and beverage, paired with an equally high level of service and hospitality. No matter the dish, our goal also revolves around exceeding all of your expectations, while providing an overall experience that leaves a lasting memory. Mediocre is by no means our standard. It is clear from your comments, however, that we failed to meet those goals in this recent experience. We do place a tremendous amount of value in the feedback we receive from our guests and we will be reviewing your comments closely with our Chef, service team, and culinary team. We hope to learn from these comments, while improving the future experiences of our guests. Thank you again for visiting us and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and I went on a weekend get-a-way and selected Wyndham Ocean Ridge in Edisto Island, South Carolina. One of our primary plans were to travel to Charleston, eat fine cuisine, and participate in the cultural experience.

In our past visit to Charleston, we eaten a variety of outstanding restaurants includng Hymans. This time around we wanted to try something different in Tbonz's. My wife had been referred to this place. We went for dinner. It's was raining. You can imagine my excitement, driving in the rain for food.

The menu selection was very good. My wife opted for She Crab. I wasn'r hungry. I watch her delight over the selection.
It's a great place to visit to eat. The manager came out and asked us how we were enjoying our meal. We had a great time talking with him. He explained the history and value of the business. He tried everyway to make our visit special. The waitress was pretty good.

We enjoyed the experience and would recommend it as a basic ingredient for a successful experience of Charleston living.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were a party of three. The restaurant was empty, which is usually not a good sign. The menu was small and the food was overpriced, especially since soup or salad was not included in the entrée, as it typically is in other similar restaurants. My wife ordered the 9 oz. filet mignon, and it was small and oblong, as if a piece had been cut out. We have never seen this before, and the waitress insisted it was 9 oz., but it clearly was not. The steaks had a burnt spice taste, as well. The cost was $30/ person with only water to drink. Go to Outback - you will save money and get a better meal.

1  Thank RobPC2013
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This restaurant was right around the corner from our hotel. We had a party of 9 on a Friday night --- the staff TBonz was so very accommodating. Only had to wait about 15 minutes --- they pushed some tables together for us right in front of their big windows facing the street. Our drinks and appetizers (trio of dips as well as fried pickles) were all very good. Being a vegetarian at a steakhouse, the waitress recommended the flash fried brussels sprouts. I must say I was hesitant but I took her advice and they were delicious!!! Actually googled them to find a recipe to recreate them at home. Thanks for the good service and helping our large group. Everyone enjoyed their evening and their meals!

thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at TBonz Gill & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Karen, thank you so much for choosing TBonz! We are so happy to hear that you and your group enjoyed your evening with us and that our staff took great care of you! Further, we are delighted that you enjoyed the Flash Fried Brussels Sprouts; being a steakhouse we want our vegetarian friends to feel accommodated. We hope that next time you and your group are in the area we have the pleasure of serving you all again!