“Ups and Downs”

Neighborhood: James Island
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Ups and Downs”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Just got back from the restaurant. We were seated in less than 5 minutes, the atmosphere was very relaxed. Our waitress was Olivia, she did an great job at making suggestions and answering questions about the menu. We tried the Fried Shrimp Fried Flounder Fried Green Tomatoes Fries Vegetables Eggplant Fries Corn Fritte Everything was fine. Standard fried food. The shrimp and flounder were too bland in my opinion. The Corn Fritte and Sweet Tea however were AMAZING!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Heather R

Whittlesea, South Africa
“GREAT WITH FRIENDS!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We've never done Locklear's LCG at night but we certainly enjoyed it for a lunch time reunion with a special friend. We were looking for a place with space to add privacy to our conversations and good food to our hungry demeanors. We found both and the staff didn't even break a sweat. The food was really fresh and tasty and the service kept up with our needs but also kept out of the way. Two old boys needing to share war stories and shore up wobbly knees can do it with a sense of dignity in Locklear's. I mean what are restaurants really about if it's not about providing people spaces to celebrate their friendships (over great food). If it's only about food for you then Locklear's will do; but if you need that and a functional place to chew the fat with an old friend then head to Locklear's Low Country Grill and enjoy.

• Visited November 2013
McMurray
“Better Breakfast Than Page's!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We ate breakfast here one day because we had been so disappointed in Page's. Page's was so crowded we had to go back later, and were not impressed. We decided to try Locklear's the next day, and while their breakfast menu was not very large, it was excellent. My husband had a wrap which included eggs, cheese, sausage and shrimp with a fantastic sauce. I had a "normal" breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon, but each element was done to perfection. A side of corn fritters was outstanding.

Visited May 2013
Tennessee
“Rockville Shrimp”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We recently enjoyed a wonderful meal at Locklears Low Country Grill in Charleston,SC. Last year, I selected the same entree and this year I was not disappointed. A most unusual combination of treats for the palette! Large shrimp in a cajon sauce with mushroom covered a generous amount of grits.Delish! Complimenting the dish was an unusual corn filled fritter with home made tomato jam! This choice will never be a disappointment! Served with ice tea. I don't remember what my husband ordered..some kind of fried flounder which he enjoyed. I was too busy enjoying every bite of my foood. Definitely something for everyone to esperience! And the service was great, as well.

• Visited April 2013
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Very good lunch”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant and were quite pleased. Seemed to be full of locals. Had a great meal and a colorful and friendlly waiter.

Visited April 2013