“Wonderful, uncomplicated”

Ranked #23 of 971 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Eclectic cuisine focusing on locally sourced foods, vegetarian friendly and gluten free menu. Healthy menu with anti-biotic free meats and 15 years of success.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Delicious, veggie-centric cuisine, great soups and nice service. We ate there twice during our short stay, since it was a nice reprieve from the heavier, "low-country" meals of other famous eateries.

murphyeve, Owner at Five Loaves Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thanks so much for the positive review, we sincerely appreciate it. Please come back next time your in..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had lunch at Five Loaves and loved it. The Turkey Reuben was unique and tasty--not too 'greasy' as some of these sandwiches can be. It seemed as if we had to wait an unusually long time, but it was worth it. My friend has a great Cobb salad. It's nice to know there is a parking lot across the street on Cannon. Can't wait to go again!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We vacation around Charleston, SC every year and we are always on the lookout for good food in the area. There sure isn't a shortage of fabulous restaurants in "Chuck Town". On this particular trip we were searching for a really good lunch spot. I had some dietary restrictions and couldn't seem to find any place on our entire trip that could make something I could eat. After some research, we decided to try Five Loaves. We weren't disappointed! My husband had a sandwich that was a special with brie and he said it was amazing. They had fresh roast chicken that day, so I asked for just plain chicken with some cheese and lettuce. You would think this was an easy task, but the entire trip whenever I asked a restaurant for plain chicken, I got something back with spices, herbs, marinades, etc. Five Loaves gave me a delicious plain chicken sandwich that was the best of my entire trip! Plus, they staff was so nice about it and understanding. It was pretty busy, so there was a wait, but it was well worth it. We hit it again on our way out of town! I highly-recommend Five Loaves if you are looking for good food with great service in the heart of Charleston.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This busy little restaurant lived up to its positive reviews. It has several vegetarian options, and the downloadable menu appears to be current as of last week.

I ordered the garden burger, which was made from scratch and full of flavor.

The restaurant was clean, service was fast and efficient, so it was easy to enjoy the fantastic food.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great soup and sandwich or salad place. We went for lunch and noticed on the menu you could "sample" the soups. Three small cups for one price. They had seven soups on the special board so my wife and I got six different soups and split a portobello cheeseburger.
Soups were excellent as was the sandwich. Vegan friendly and many Gluten Free meals.