“ok”

Ranked #13 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Eclectic cuisine focusing on locally sourced foods, vegetarian friendly and gluten free menu. Healthy menu with anti-biotic free meats and 15 years of success.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Have been twice for dinner and found both times the food was average. I have found it to be ok for lunch with several soups and sandwiches to pick from.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Totally worth seeking out 5 Loaves (although I almost want to keep it on the down-low!). Good variety of menu items at good prices. We had a group of 6 on our last visit & everyone loved their meals. Nice wine selection too. Attentive service. Can't wait to go back to this Charleston gem!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My parents and I went there, a local told us about the place and it was so good. We went in between lunch and dinner so it wasn't very crowded. I got the chicken salad sandwich and it wa very good. GOOD FOOD!

murphyeve, Owner at Five Loaves Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Given by all the good food you have in LA, I appreciate the positive feed back. Please come again.

casey

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This restaurant is one block from the Notso Hostel. I could not have asked for a more creative menu or fresher ingredients so conveniently located. Not to mention the great prices. I was there for a late lunch on a Tuesdya and had the green salad with fresh Cod. yum. We were seated immediately. Weekend nights I noticed lines out the door as people waited for a table. I would recommend to get there early on weekends.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I really enjoy Five Loaves for good soups sandwiches and salads.. It is good for people on a budget that like a plentiful amount, gourmet food, and not a gourmet price. However, the dinner menu is left to be desired. I've dined here 4 separate times for dinner and have learned I just need to stick to the soups/sandwiches/salads menu. I've gotten the fish picatta of which I had to return for being overcooked. The pasta entrees were good, but not great- pretty simple. The best items here are the soups which speak for themselves because they are made from scratch and have great flavors. The salads are definitely large for a small price. I definitely recommend it but not for dinner- unless you are going to have their soups and sandwiches for dinner.