“great spot for Sunday brunch!”
Review of 82 Queen

82 Queen
Ranked #28 of 968 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: King & Meeting
Description: Celebrating Lowcountry cuisine for 32 years. 82 Queen continues to reinvent the traditional South using fresh, local ingredients and modern takes on the classics. The seasonal menus feature authentic Lowcountry cuisine from award-winning she-crab soup to Lowcountry jambalaya and shrimp and grits, all served with gracious hospitality. Enjoy lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch in 19th-century dining rooms or in the brick courtyard underneath a breathtaking Southern magnolia tree. Southern Living and Wine Spectator awards confirm the restaurant as one of the finest dining establishments in the heart of downtown Charleston. Long live the Queen.
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Our flight to Charleston landed Sunday morning, an hour later we were outside, enjoying Bloody Mary's and Lowcountry eggs benedict, under magnolia tree and ceiling fan. The daily specials were also excellent. The eggs benedict were served on a fried green tomato and featured grits and a crab cake. Great choice--menu very diverse, food very flavorful. Great kick-off to a week of fine dining in Charleston.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,605)

Reviewed July 16, 2009

My wife and I went here on our first night in Charleston primarily b/c it was right near the hotel and we were tired from a long day of travel. We didn't have reservations, but being 9 o'clock, we were seated outside in under 30 minutes. The courtyard was very charming, with subtle lightling and unique artwork. (Best of all: No bugs, they must spray well.) The menu, like most Charleston restaurants, is quite small, but with lots of good options. We had both their famous Grouper and award-winning BBQ shrimp, and both were fantastic.

Reviewed July 11, 2009

We ate lunch here on July 5th in one of the small rooms on the side house (eat in the garden if the weather permits). Both of us dining got the soup and 1/2 sandwich option with the She Crab Soup and a club sandwich. The She Crab Soup continues to be the best out there. We have been visiting the area about once a year for the past 15th years and always make a point of coming to 82 Queen to get She Crab Soup. We have eaten lunch and dinner entrees here too and are never disappointed. For my husband and I, this is a can't miss while in Charleston!

Reviewed July 1, 2009

We sat outside and loved the atmosphere. The server was a bit grumpy, so I am not sure if I'm a bit biased now because everyone we talked to raved about this place. Our food was good and priced mid level. I would definitely give it another shot.

Reviewed June 28, 2009

My wife and I ate lunch at 82 Queen St. twice during the week of June 21, 2009. The food was wonderful. We had one of the best crab cakes we have ever eaten. I had a
slightly peppery mango-mint soup on our first visit. Both of our servers were friendly and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, on both occasions the bar had been cleaned with Pine-Sol. One enters the bar, then proceeds to the outside dining area. The odor of Pine-Sol was evident on our second visit, even though we were sitting at a table at some distance from the door into the bar. The management of 82 Queen needs to clean the bar with something less offensive. When my wife and I go to a good restaurant, we like to smell the food, not the cleaning products.