“Good shrimp and grits and tomato pie”
Review of Dixie Supply Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

Dixie Supply Bakery & Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The food is good, the ambiance not so much. If you sit outside, you are pretty much sitting in the parking lot. We met some locals while eating here who said they have never had a bad meal here. It's worth stopping if you are in the area.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

From the outside, you would never guess the wonderful, flavorful experience you would have if you ate here... I had Tomato Pie.... it was soooo good! DEfinitely do not pass this place by! It really was quite the little diamond in the rough.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I saw this restaurant on Diners Drive-ins and Dives so I thought it would be a great place to try but it was far from good! The show depicted it to be a friendly staff, family atmosphere and fresh uniquely made food when actually the staff was not friendly and acted like they hated life, the pancakes were dry and the blueberries inside the pancakes were hard and shriveled, the grits had no flavor and were hard and clumpy and the bacon as sausage were so greasy you could hold it up and the grease poured off! I also asked for a bottle water in which they couldn't find any and when hey finally did they were hot but the counter girl still tried to sell it to me! I am so disappointed and mad as we hear so much about how great the food is in Charleston and this place ruined my entire experience of the city!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We met friends for lunch here and decided to sit outside. I think this is an old 7-11 store, so the view and ambiance was nill. You order inside and they bring the food to you. Apparently Guy Fierie visited this and the Shrimp BLT was highly recommended. They did not have the fried green tomatoes, so I had regular tomatoes on it and it was so, so good! My husband got the shrimp and grits and said the sauce was thin and pretty tasteless, Plus the grits were scooped out with what looked like an ice cream scooop and were incredibly dry. Our other friend had the breakfast with grits and said the same thing. Way too dry. I've never seen grits scooped out in a round ball before. Looked like rice! Not sure why except maybe we were at lunch hour and the grits had been sitting a while. Our other friend had the turkey,brie crossaint and her's was excellent too. I think the grits were the big thing with the guys not enjoying thier meals. My sandwhich also did not come with anything with it. Just the sandwhich but the turkey brie did and it was home made potatoe chips that were super!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had lunch at the Dixie Supply and I was totally please with our meal. My wife had the meatball sliders and I had the Wadmalaw Shrimp Sandwich. I am from Charleston so it is hard to please me since I remember catching our own seafood and my mother cooking it fresh. Since there are a lot of very good restaurants in Charleston I was surprise when my wife suggested it. The atmosphere not great and it was a little warm but the lunch was great. Next time in town we will hit it for breakfast (and maybe lunch).