“Great place-plan to visit again.”
Review of Dixie Supply Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

Dixie Supply Bakery & Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Harriman, Tennessee
“Great place-plan to visit again.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our family had lunch at Dixie Supply when we visited Charleston in July 2013. We had read reviews of this café and planned to visit based on recommendations. If we had simply stumbled on this place, we would not have eaten there. SO glad we found the reviews first, because this place has awesome food!! Greatly enjoyed this wonderful food (the homemade chips are not to be missed!!) The service was friendly. Take note that this place is very small-there is extra seating outside but we were fortunate to get a booth indoors. My only frustration is that we had to pay to park about a block away. We will plan to eat here again in the future when we visit Charleston.

“Unexpected find”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled on this place when I asked a girl working at the candy shop for a breakfast recommendation. On approach, I wasn't impressed by the appearance and even less impressed when I discovered they served Pepsi instead of Coke. It is common knowledge or at least I thought, that NO proper southern restaurant serves Pepsi. Believe me, the small parcel and Pepsi are the only strikes against this little jewel. The reviews are right. Best grits you will ever eat! This may be the only restaurant we a second trip to. Find it, go there, eat!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank KC L
Atlanta, GA
“Best Grits I've ever had”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went for breakfast, got the Dixie Breakfast Special ($4.95 for 2 eggs, grits, bacon, and toast). The grits were outstanding!!! I'm from Georgia, so I've had my fair share of grits. Most of which require some doctoring with either butter, salt, pepper, or cheese. These grits were so creamy and flavorful, I didn't add a thing! My only complaint is that their coffee was like gas station coffee. I wish it had been a little more "gourmet" tasting, but considering its attached to a convenience station, it may have been from there. Get there early because its a small space with only like 10 tables on the inside. A must try!

Advance NC
“Great little place...when they actually have food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stopped by the Dixie Bakery several time because I had a great tomato pie on my first trip. Unfortunately, every other time I have gone there they have been out of the pie. Seems like they make enough for maybe the first hour of business. Other than the tomato pie, the food I was able to get was so so. Not bad, just nothing special. I'm going to try one more time and then call it quits. And service? Slow, slow, slow and slower. But friendly.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Local, Fresh, and Fun”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family stopped for a very casual light lunch. We thought the Shrimp BLT was delicious. We also enjoyed Chef Romeo's collards, perfectly seasoned and cooked. Oh, don't miss the Cobblestone bars.