“Unexpected find”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stumbled on this place when I asked a girl working at the candy shop for a breakfast recommendation. On approach, I wasn't impressed by the appearance and even less impressed when I discovered they served Pepsi instead of Coke. It is common knowledge or at least I thought, that NO proper southern restaurant serves Pepsi. Believe me, the small parcel and Pepsi are the only strikes against this little jewel. The reviews are right. Best grits you will ever eat! This may be the only restaurant we a second trip to. Find it, go there, eat!

1  Thank KC L

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went for breakfast, got the Dixie Breakfast Special ($4.95 for 2 eggs, grits, bacon, and toast). The grits were outstanding!!! I'm from Georgia, so I've had my fair share of grits. Most of which require some doctoring with either butter, salt, pepper, or cheese. These grits were so creamy and flavorful, I didn't add a thing! My only complaint is that their coffee was like gas station coffee. I wish it had been a little more "gourmet" tasting, but considering its attached to a convenience station, it may have been from there. Get there early because its a small space with only like 10 tables on the inside. A must try!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stopped by the Dixie Bakery several time because I had a great tomato pie on my first trip. Unfortunately, every other time I have gone there they have been out of the pie. Seems like they make enough for maybe the first hour of business. Other than the tomato pie, the food I was able to get was so so. Not bad, just nothing special. I'm going to try one more time and then call it quits. And service? Slow, slow, slow and slower. But friendly.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family stopped for a very casual light lunch. We thought the Shrimp BLT was delicious. We also enjoyed Chef Romeo's collards, perfectly seasoned and cooked. Oh, don't miss the Cobblestone bars.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

What a find! This place was recommended by the locThey Owe experienced great service and delicious food. The tomato pie is a must have!