“Very good and Very Popular”
Review of Dixie Supply Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

Dixie Supply Bakery & Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Very good and Very Popular”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

It was great food, but the wait was 40 minutes. It is extremely small place but the Saturday brunch was excellent. Arrive early!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank LarryT926

Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Breakfast EVER!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We LOVE Dixie Supply. We saw an episode of Dinners, Drive-Ins. & Dives and decided that we had to go. I was first brought for my birthday where I ordered french toast with peaches (Lilly something, I believe) and my husband ordered carrot cake pancakes and we both LOVED our dishes. We've been back several times - always bringing along friends and family who have all raved about the restaurant. Shrimp and grits are awesome - always a treat to visit.

• Visited January 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Tomatoes, cheese and pie crust=divine”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

It's not fancy and the ambiance is.... well, they are next door to a convenience store. But the food was divine particularly the tomato pie. We hadn't heard of tomato pie except when people use the label as a synonym for pizza. And I think any use of the phrase tomato pie SHOULD only be used to refer to THIS menu item at Dixie. Make the time to visit this spot when in Charleston, and you will love it. Be prepared to wait in line. And leave any snotty pretentious attitudes about food back in the hotel or at home and you won't be disappointed. Miranda was taking orders at the counter, and she was delightful.

1 Thank Kim L
Scottsdale, AZ
“Everyone in the restaurant can't be wrong”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We had Shrimp and Grits.....superb. And, in the 1/2 hour we were there other diners went out of there way to tell the staff:
1) "those are the best biscuits I have ever had"
2) "that was the best hamburger I have ever had; what is the special ingredient"?
3) "I loved that cake"

I've never heard so many unsolicited compliments

1 Thank Flagstaff434
hilton head
“what happened here?”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

After breathless reviews from my daughter I was determined to try this place. I finally got a chance today and left wondering what the fuss was about. As an authority on the fine art of low country shrimp and grits, she assured me these were the finest. As I fished in the soiled container for my knife and fork, eventually finding a set not overly crusty, my expectations started to dwindle. When I picked up my plate I was sad to see what was there. Slightly congealed grits shared a plate with some undersized shrimp, a listless sauce and some big chunks of bacon. It wasn't bad, even for $10.95. Unfortunately, the creamy grits, dozen prawn sized shrimp, chorizo sausage and a dark rich gravy with chunks of tasso ham my daughter described was just a dream. What happened here? listening to the cook yell his order back and forth to his food salesperson just made the greasy spoon ambiance complete. next time I'll just walk a block and have two orders of calamari at Amen. amen.

1 Thank davidbohn