“The son was right about the great food!”
Review of Dixie Supply Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

Dixie Supply Bakery & Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
westboro,ma
“The son was right about the great food!”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We had ordered a birthday cake for our son back in 9/2010, and last week we visited him in Charleston. We decided to all have lunch there. The fried chicken and sandwiches we ordered were all really good. Yummy side dishes too. Forgot to order the shrimp and grits, but were so full by the time we realized, we let it go.

• Visited April 2011

Chicago
“If you blink you might miss it!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We recently visited Dixie Cafe while we were on the culinary tour with BullDog Tours. We were treated to a sample of the most creamiest grits I have ever had and the best sweet tea in Charleston. Unfortunately, they were only open for the tour and are closed on Mondays and since we were flying home that day we could not go back to try to famous tomatoe pie...but I heard they will send it in the mail....my fingers are crossed. :)

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank ChgoFoodie
Indianapolis, IN
“Wow!!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Thanks to the TA reviews, we tried this restaurant. Loved breakfast so much that we returned for lunch. Highlights: biscuits and gravy made w local farmer's sausage, fresh biscuits, home fries, and tomato pie. I couldn't believe how unique every dish was ; really, how can you make home fries unique???? We even took several pastries with us. It won't be long before they're in a huge location. Also, the owners are wonderful. We sat and talked w them for a half an hour. When we returned to our van, the owner came running across the street to bring my sunglasses to me. I've eaten in many 5 star restaurants all over the world and this goes down on my top 5 list of all time.

2 Thank pharmgirl2
Charleston, South Carolina
“Wow - YUM!!”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

My husband and I ate here sort of in between typical breakfast and lunch times. He ordered the Tomato Pie and I had the Shrimp and Grits. I had read good things about the tomato pie but it didn't sound like something that I would like and I had been dying to try some shrimp and grits while in Charleston. I thought that the shrimp and grits were amazing..but since it was my first time to try them...I can't really tell you how they compare to those offered at other restaurants...all I can tell you is that I had to fight the urge to pick up my plate and lick it clean! As far as my husband's tomato pie that he was nice enough to share.....amazing!...I'm not even a huge tomato fan and this was some great stuff! The people working there were so friendly...the food was beyond good....we will definitely be going back before we go back before our vacation is over.

• Visited February 2011
North Caorolina
“If you want atmosphere skip it, but if you want GREAT food at a great price, don't miss Dixie Supply”
Reviewed January 22, 2011

If you need wonderful ambiance and atmosphere, skip it. But if you don't mind great food at a great value served on white plates and styrofoam cups in a generic space adjacent to a mini mart you will find no better food for the price in Charleston than at the Dixie Supply Bakery and Cafe.
Their tomato pie sells out nearly every day. My shrimp and grits were the best I've had in Charleston. My wife's shrimp BLT made with fried green tomatoes was simply sublime. I got the Blueberry bread pudding for dessert because it was the last one in the pastry case and it was moist, dense and delicious just as it should be. The food, in a word, was outstanding. The entire lunch was $21.52. I defy anyone getting finding better food for the price anywhere, much less in Charleston.