“Worth a second visit”

Senor Tequila
Ranked #411 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ate here in April when we spent a few days in Charleston and liked it so much, we came back here in July. Conveniently located not far from Patriot's Point, it's a great way to unwind and cool off with a cold beverage after seeing Ft. Sumter and the USS Yorktown. The food is very flavorful and reasonably priced. It's better than most Mexican food I get in my local area.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Had an early dinner. Camarones elChipotle was excellent. Margaritas very smooth. Salsa best restaurant salsa I've had.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Since recently moving to the West Ashley area my boyfriend and I would come here once a week. Service and food was great at the beginning! Then they started serving my tacos with a corn tortilla (which I didn't like but was fine the first time since I didn't know). So from then on I would order my tacos and requested flour tortillas instead. They still kept bringing me the corn tortillas which made me have to ask again to bring some flour ones over. This happened more than once. Then the most recent time our waiter was so rude! He acted like he didn't want to be there and we did something wrong. Our plates and drinks were basically just slammed on the table. After that horrible service we will not be returning.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Used to love eating at Senor Tequilas. Yesterday, went in for happy hour with some girlfriends. As four girls that work in food and bev it is REALLY hard to do wrong with us but our waiter acted as if he did not want to be there and especially did not want us there. I have never experienced such terrible service. When we asked about the Happy hour specials we were answered with a one word response, "margaritas". When my friend asked for limes with her salad (she had to ask twice, once when she ordered and once when she got her food) he brought her two uncut limes. When he brought us waters he slammed them down on the table and walked away. The chicken in the quesadiilas and fajitas was disgusting and cold, as if it had been sitting out for a long time. The most appalling part about the experience was when one of my friends decided to speak to a manager. When she walked up to the front to ask to speak to a manager our waiter followed her and stood behind her. When she asked the hostess to talk to a manager she said that they did not have one there that day. My friend said her food was disgusting, her waiter was rude (he pretty much nodded in agreement) and she didn't want to pay for her meal. Her food was comped but no one apologized or tried to make anything right. VERY DISAPPOINTED

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I no longer live in Charleston.. my fiance & had to move to New Mexico for a job position after finishing a college internship in SC :( Senior Tequila is my favorite restaurant of all time!!! We used to eat here at least once or twice a week (West Ashley location). The waiters all knew us by name & knew our orders by heart. I always got the gumbo margarita & I can't tell you how much we miss their white queso dip. There is no such thing as white queso dip in New Mexico and it KILLS me!! I would just about cut off my arm to be able to fly to SC for the day & visit our old stomping grounds. Unfortunately 1 round trip ticket now a days is atleast $550.. crazy! We love you Senior Tequila... can't wait to come back!!!!!!