“Great curried lamb”

Nirlep Indian Restaurant
Ranked #367 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Lunch hours : 11:30 a.m to 3:00 p.m Dinner hours: 5:00 p.m to 10:00 p.m
Richmond
“Great curried lamb”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

It is buffet style so you can try a little of every thing and then go back and get what you really liked. On Fridays they have lamb which is very good. The price is great. It is a great place to go to lunch with either a group of friends or co workers on lunch break. Everything I have eaten there was very good.

Visited October 2012

Goose Creek, South Carolina
“great food”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via Local Picks

we had a great lunch and enjoyed the buffet with the different flavorful dishes and sauces and desserts, friendly service, clean and nice atmosphere, plus delicious food

Charleston
“3 measly shrimp for $16”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Got takeout--tasty but no value for the money. My shrimp saag gave me 3 medium sized shrimp for $16 and my husband's chicken tikka masala had about 5 or 6 little hunks of chicken. 3 shrimp, sauce, and some rice does not a $16 entree make. We enjoyed it, but thought it was far too overpriced.

• Visited May 2012
Summerville, SC
“Great food”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Good food, great service. I can't wait to try the lunch buffet so I can sample some more examples of Indian cuisine.

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Ok place to eat.”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I've enjoyed Indian cuisine around the globe, and I've had some amazing dishes. Some of the best that I have had has been overseas. More often than not, I will seek out the hole in the wall places as the food often seems better in these places, so the lack of polish at Nirlep did not bother me.
The service was Ok. The owners walked around the room often and spoke to us several times. They were not unfriendly, rather they seemed quiet and reserved. This does not really bother me because I don't feel the need to be pampered.
I don't want to be too rough on the food, it was good, just not that good. Maybe I have been spoiled to the really spicy and flavorful food I've enjoyed in other countries, even here in the States. The food seemed bland. The Vindaloo was thicker than I'm used to and was heavy on the tomatoes. The label said the Vindaloo was spicy, but was mild by my tastes. I sampled everything on the buffet and nothing really stood out above anything else.
I would probably return at a later date, after exploring other Indian restaurants in the area, just to give it another shot.

• Visited September 2011