“Perhaps the best steak I've ever had!”
Review of Grill 225

Grill 225
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill 225 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 933 Restaurants in Charleston
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "Exprience the Difference in 42-50 day aged Prime Steaks."Welcome to Grill 225, Charleston's first and only 100% USDA Prime steak house, and member of the Great Steak Houses of North America. Located at the luxurious Market Pavilion Hotel in the heart of historic Charleston, we offer a dining experience like no other.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Dined here on our last night in Charleston. Sat at the bar, which we usually do. Kamden was our bartendress. Started with the French Onion soup....which, to me, was overly salty. The other half and I split the bone-in ribeye, creamed spinanch, and potatoes maxim (scalloped). Sides were very good. Star of the show was the steak. Cooked perfectly to med-rare. OUTSTANDING!! When I think of the quality and taste there aren't words I can think of to justify the experience. Splurge and go! Try a NITROMARTINI....a real show stopper!

There are newer reviews for Grill 225

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a superb dinner with the aid of Brandon Campbell who had excellent wine recommendations. The steaks were the best I have had at well known steak houses. I will be back shortly it was that good. The creamed corn, mushrooms and potatoes were very good. No food was left when our party proceeded with the chocolate cake and bread pudding. They were equally good.
The atmosphere in the curved high back booth was very intimate and private yet with the lobby atmosphere.
It was much more than expected and exceeded the reviews which have been good. It is a pleasure to experience consistent quality.

Well done!

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Best restaurant hands down in Charleston. I went for lunch and I had a glass of champagne and the Chef's Caesar salad. Amazing!! Jeff always makes me feel so welcome and special. Absolutely amazing experience from the food to the service. If there is one restaurant in Charleston that you must go to, Grill 225 is it!

1  Thank Tfswayze
Peter W, General Manager at Grill 225, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for joining for lunch at Grill 225. I am so pleased your enjoyed the Caesar salad and your champagne. We are honored by your comments and would love you welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I went to Grill 225 as a surprise dinner. Our server Jeff recommended each dish and he was spot on every time. My husband raved over the steaks and the crab cakes were phenomenal. Each dish was better than the one before and paired perfectly with a glass of wine. The banana bread pudding topped off the night. Jeff and his crew were so friendly and took great care of us all throughout the evening. This is a definite must to visit when in Charleston.

Thank you for dining with us at Grill 225. I am so pleased that you husband surprised you with one of the best dining experiences and providing you with “A Meal You’ll Never Forget”. I am glad that you enjoyed the steak and crab cakes. Also having a server who can pair properly makes all the difference in your meal. I will share your comment with Jeff and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The title of my review says it all. It was truly the "pinnacle" of dining experiences I've ever had living in Charleston since last 3 months. I've eaten at almost all upscale restaurants in Charleston because my fiance's a big foodie and I must say, Grill 225 wins the prize and of-course, it's reputation as the prime steakhouses of US is well-deserved. As soon as we arrived, we were warmly greeted by the hostess, Ivy who made sure that we were seated comfortably. Then came in the server, Jeff with his assistant Cory and I would like to take this opportunity in this review to mention that they were "phenomenal". That was the best serving experience I've ever had. Jeff has an in-depth knowledge of the complete menu and that was highly commendable. He gave us a small brief of wine-pairing too. My fiance said that she felt like a "Young millionaire" couple with this elegant service we were experiencing. For the starters we began with fried lobster tail and escargots. They were nicely done and that was the first time ever in my life did I try french snails and am glad I did try them. For the salad we ordered, "Chopped Caesar" salad which was purely fresh to taste. And then, we went towards the main entrees and boy, they were purely a feast for all my senses. Am not a big steak person hence I went ahead with the seafood entree, a "Tuna Steak Provencal" and it was the best tuna steak I've ever had among the dining experiences I've had around Charleston and probably US. My fiance chose a "USDA Prime New York Strip" and normally she immediately comments about the food she eats and she just had to say, "fabulicious", fabulous + delicious. And yes, Jeff recommended a red wine pairing with our dinner and we had this lovely, Cabernet Sauvignon "Duckhorn Napa", indeed one of the finest red wines from the Napa valley. During our dinner, the manager of the hotel, Mr. Wright made sure that everything was at par with our dining experience and that made us feel homely and special. For the grand finale, the desserts, (There's always a room for dessert), we ordered a "Chocolate Mousse Cake" and a "Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee", once again upto the Grill 225 standards. To conclude my review, I would thoroughly recommend Grill 225 to anyone who loves steaks and is looking for an "impeccable" dining experience. With that being said, I would certainly be returning soon to Grill 225 again. Still have a lot to try from their menu where everything looks so good, and I know, tastes even better. Sincerely, thank you Grill 225 for an AMAZING dining experience.

1  Thank Akshaya D