“A must go!”
Review of Grill 225

Grill 225
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill 225 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "Exprience the Difference in 42-50 day aged Prime Steaks."Welcome to Grill 225, Charleston's first and only 100% USDA Prime steak house, and member of the Great Steak Houses of North America. Located at the luxurious Market Pavilion Hotel in the heart of historic Charleston, we offer a dining experience like no other.
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Best restaurant hands down in Charleston. I went for lunch and I had a glass of champagne and the Chef's Caesar salad. Amazing!! Jeff always makes me feel so welcome and special. Absolutely amazing experience from the food to the service. If there is one restaurant in Charleston that you must go to, Grill 225 is it!

1  Thank Tfswayze
Peter W, General Manager at Grill 225, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for joining for lunch at Grill 225. I am so pleased your enjoyed the Caesar salad and your champagne. We are honored by your comments and would love you welcome you back again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,666)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I went to Grill 225 as a surprise dinner. Our server Jeff recommended each dish and he was spot on every time. My husband raved over the steaks and the crab cakes were phenomenal. Each dish was better than the one before and paired perfectly with a glass of wine. The banana bread pudding topped off the night. Jeff and his crew were so friendly and took great care of us all throughout the evening. This is a definite must to visit when in Charleston.

Thank you for dining with us at Grill 225. I am so pleased that you husband surprised you with one of the best dining experiences and providing you with “A Meal You’ll Never Forget”. I am glad that you enjoyed the steak and crab cakes. Also having a server who can pair properly makes all the difference in your meal. I will share your comment with Jeff and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The title of my review says it all. It was truly the "pinnacle" of dining experiences I've ever had living in Charleston since last 3 months. I've eaten at almost all upscale restaurants in Charleston because my fiance's a big foodie and I must say, Grill 225 wins the prize and of-course, it's reputation as the prime steakhouses of US is well-deserved. As soon as we arrived, we were warmly greeted by the hostess, Ivy who made sure that we were seated comfortably. Then came in the server, Jeff with his assistant Cory and I would like to take this opportunity in this review to mention that they were "phenomenal". That was the best serving experience I've ever had. Jeff has an in-depth knowledge of the complete menu and that was highly commendable. He gave us a small brief of wine-pairing too. My fiance said that she felt like a "Young millionaire" couple with this elegant service we were experiencing. For the starters we began with fried lobster tail and escargots. They were nicely done and that was the first time ever in my life did I try french snails and am glad I did try them. For the salad we ordered, "Chopped Caesar" salad which was purely fresh to taste. And then, we went towards the main entrees and boy, they were purely a feast for all my senses. Am not a big steak person hence I went ahead with the seafood entree, a "Tuna Steak Provencal" and it was the best tuna steak I've ever had among the dining experiences I've had around Charleston and probably US. My fiance chose a "USDA Prime New York Strip" and normally she immediately comments about the food she eats and she just had to say, "fabulicious", fabulous + delicious. And yes, Jeff recommended a red wine pairing with our dinner and we had this lovely, Cabernet Sauvignon "Duckhorn Napa", indeed one of the finest red wines from the Napa valley. During our dinner, the manager of the hotel, Mr. Wright made sure that everything was at par with our dining experience and that made us feel homely and special. For the grand finale, the desserts, (There's always a room for dessert), we ordered a "Chocolate Mousse Cake" and a "Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee", once again upto the Grill 225 standards. To conclude my review, I would thoroughly recommend Grill 225 to anyone who loves steaks and is looking for an "impeccable" dining experience. With that being said, I would certainly be returning soon to Grill 225 again. Still have a lot to try from their menu where everything looks so good, and I know, tastes even better. Sincerely, thank you Grill 225 for an AMAZING dining experience.

1  Thank Akshaya D
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I was told the dining at Grill 225 was "an experience" and those folks were right! Our server, Jeff and server's assistant Michael, walked us through everything from ordering for a group to wine pairings and were so attentive! We were greeted by the extremely nice Managers, Peter as well as Molly. Chef Demetre even stopped by!! Camden and Greg were our bartenders, just perfect "mixologists" and could carry a conversation. The appearance of the dining room was so gorgeous. In love with a swan painting! The restrooms were beautiful as well. Even the ladies at the front desk were so friendly! Now onto the Crabcake and Filet I wanted to marry. The filet was so perfectly seasoned and was able to be cut with a little more than a fork!! And the Crabcake? No cake, all huge lumps of crab! Oh and the unique twist to the brussel sprout! We were so at awe with our "experience".

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Based upon the title of my review, I would choose these menu selections to make your dining experience like mine. Perfect!
Michael, our waiter was on point throughout our visit to Grill 225. He welcomed us with a complimentary glass of bubbly champagne and recited the features and highlights of the menu perfectly. I knew immediately what I was going to order. How many times have you dined in a restaurant where they prepare a 3 or 4 pound lobster 5 different ways? I chose Lobster Thermador which was outstanding with a beautiful presentation. My filet mignon was cooked to my temperature preference and tasted amazing. All of the steaks are hand trimmed and dry aged over 45 days. Delicious!
When dining in Charleston, put Grill 225 on the list.