“The name stands for Food Is Great!”
Review of FIG

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hasell
Reviewed December 16, 2009

My husband and I ate here the first night of our 5 night stay. Needless to say, we drove 10 hours that day and were famished. At my behest, my husband consented to eat at Fig. I loved it! The atmosphere was cool, but not exclusionary, and the lighting was low and romantic. I ordered the fish and was blown away. It was moist and flavorful. I ate every bite. My husband ordered the steak, and was disappointed. It was paired with a light salad and roasted root vegetables. He loved the root vegetables, but hated the salad. The waitress was so wonderful. Her recommendations for drinks and food turned out to be winners (my delicious fish was her first recommendation). It is no surprise that Chef Mike Lata recently won the James Beard Award. His food is delicious and his restaurant is a winner.

1  Thank MattsAshley

Reviewed December 7, 2009

On a lark, stopped into FIG on a Friday night for an early dinner, and were seated at the front round table. We had no reservations, and quickly realized that we were very fortunate to have been able to score the table. We were three ladies from Hilton Head in Charleston for a day of shopping with no knowledge of FIG or its reputation (sorry!) We spotted the James Beard awards hanging on the wall as we walked past the restaurant and decided to give it a try. It didn't take long to realize that we had stumbled on a very special place. We ate carpaccio, soup of the day, frissee salad, red snapper, triggerfish, cheese plates and home-made ice cream. Writing about it makes my mouth water. We will go back, albeit with table reservations, and often. Wonderful restaurant and a "must" if you are in Charleston and looking for great food.

Reviewed December 1, 2009

I don't like "weird" food :) - but we trusted the specials even though the ingrediants sounded like strange combos. Everything was phenomenal. One of the best meals ever.

Reviewed November 16, 2009

Fig was enjoyable but slightly pretentious and priced to match. Cool, hip atmosphere and overall the food was tasty. But choices are limited, borderline esoteric and minimal in size. Service was very good - perky, friendly and efficient.

Reviewed November 10, 2009

My wife and I each enjoyed an appetizer and mail course. All were very good. The fish stew was outstanding. All ingredients are fresh and local. I would eat here every day if I could!