“Best meal of my trip to Charleston”
Review of FIG

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hasell
Flower Mound, Texas
“Best meal of my trip to Charleston”
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I screwed up! I ate here the first night I came to Charleston, thereby rendering all future meals second place in comparison. I walked in on a Friday and was able to get a seat at the bar by myself, but I don't recommend that as I was apparently incredibly lucky. The restaurant was hopping all night long, but the bartender was able to serve me so graciously you would never have thought he was simultaneously filling drink orders every minute. Every single dish I had blew me away, although I will agree with some other reviews and say they were a bit heavy-handed with the salt. The bartender recommended wines by the glass for each course that were perfectly paired, the hostess was friendly, the passing waiters were friendly - you get the sense that the employees really believe in their locally sourced philosophy and are excited to share their local treasures with you. Really, other than the sour-faced guy and his wife from NJ sitting next to me who seemed determined to find something wrong, the restaurant was amazing and I would have eaten there every night happily.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Salt, anyone?”
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Great service and atmosphere in a building that, from the outside, is nondescript.. Food: expensive ($106 pre-tax for two including $34 bottle of wine) and way over-salted. The price woudl have been fair if the food had been prepared properly. May 28, 2009, was our third visit to Fig. Our first two visits, the last about a year ago, were great. Aside from my rather flat cucumber soup, our flounder and pork shoulder dishes, and my wife's salad (the dressing) were way too salty. This isn't Micky D's. The wine list is very nice with a good price range. Would recommend only with qualification. A Charlestonian (which we are not) suggested to me the next day that the chef may have been out of the kitchen that night.

Massachusetts
“great food and service”
Reviewed June 5, 2009

We ate here on our recent trip to Charleston - it was right next to our hotel and seemed easy. We were pleasantly surprised by everything here. The atmosphere was nice, the service excellent and the food was fantastic. It was our anniversary and it could not have been a nicer evening. I would highly recommend this restaurant. I had the Salmon - fantastic - and they were happy to make it medium for me instead of rare.
For anyone else who likes beets - don't miss the beets side dish - I had them as an appetizer - awesome!

“one of my favorites in Charleston”
Reviewed April 29, 2009

The menu focuses on local fresh foods, and offers an excellent variety. Very good wine list, and friendly professional service. I was very happy with the vegetarian plate prepared by the chef at my request - while not on the menu, it was one of the best looking plates I saw!

thlayne
“FIG: Food Is Good...”
Reviewed April 15, 2009

If you are looking for a restaurant with inviting, unique, fresh and healthy dishes with a modern spin, then FIG is your restaurant. We had a GREAT meal there! We tried multiple different types of appetizers and entres that we had never had due to FIGs use of local growers. I would definitely return.