“Very Good Farm to Fork Option”
Review of FIG

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hasell
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Fig is really worth trying if your into
REAL food. Everything about this restaurant is right if you are a foodie. However, be cautious if there is a picky eater in the group. Menu options are limited due to the farm to fork concept.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The FOOD IS GOOD, just like the name implies! They even made a custom cocktail for me because they didn't have any spiced rum at the bar.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I ordered the leek soup as an appetizer and the soft-shelled crab as an entree. Both were rich, both are recommended. The presence of butter was evident in both, so I would say that FIG lays on the butter a little too much. Despite the richness of the food, I had room for desert: a chocolate cake with mint ice cream. It was an unusual dish as the cake was not sweet, but the ice cream was. The ice cream was unusual in that it used spearmint, instead of the normal peppermint. The combination was delightful! The ambiance was very pleasant: the lighting was low, but not dark and the interior had the buzz of happy eaters. What really sets FIG apart is the excellent service. Our server, Morgan, knew each menu item backwards and forwards, and recommended wines with ease. Other servers brought us our plates when Morgan was tending to another table, so our food did not get cold--very much appreciated! All the servers were friendly and enthusiastic, and we noticed a new server being trained. My guess is that FIG chooses its servers carefully and trains them with even more care. It shows! My score of 4/5 is based only on the fact that more lightly prepared fare was not well represented on the menu, and the meal was on the pricey side. Having written that, if I were someone who craves rich food, I would give FIG 5/5.

1  Thank CPlayer
Reviewed April 30, 2014

There are rare moments when a meal is so good it leaves me giddy - FIG did just that. I ate at the bar since the tables were full and the bartender was fantastic. He knew the food extremely well and gave great advice on pairing drinks with my food items. I started with the razor clams which were fantastic - perfectly cooked with unique flavors. I then had the swordfish, which was perfectly done and the potatoes were phenomenal. I regret that I didn't make it back to FIG on this trip but will put it first on my list when I'm back in Charleston.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This was one of the best meals that we had in Charleston. We went late and didn't have a dinner reservation but we were able to wait for a seat at the bar. The gnocchi, oysters and flounder were excellent. The only thing we found lacking was the wine menu.

1  Thank Mary Jo M