“Can't beat this”

Cross street: Hasell
charlotte
“Can't beat this”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Takes some doing to get a reservation because of its popularity but once you do, you quickly see why. Excellent food, wine, service and ambiance. Easily one of the best in Charlotte. Loved everything about it.

• Visited March 2014

Corbin, Kentucky
“Best food I had in Charleston”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I did an impromptu weekend in Charleston (we were planning on one night in Asheville, but decided to just drive on over to Charleston and make the best of it) so we didn't have any reservations. We had heard fantastic things about FIG and thought it wouldn't hurt to pop in and see if we could possibly get in. Luckily the bar was not too full and after waiting about 15 minutes at the cocktail only bar we were able to be seated at the full service bar. While waiting he had a Make your own manhattan and I had the Yellow Bird. Both turned out very well. We had already had a few smaller meals before arriving and decided that we would probably just stick to appetizers. Once seated he ordered the chicken liver pate and suckling pig head cheese, and I the ricotta gnocchi and sea island grass-fed jersey bolognese. Oh my goodness the gnocchi was one of the most spectacular things I have ever eaten. Even as an appetizer it was pretty filling. I think I could eat this every day and never get tired of it. I absolutely plan to come back, next time I will try to save room for an entree.

Also worth mentioning, the service was fantastic. The bartender was extremely knowledgeable about everything on the menu, she also gave us some great suggestions of other restaurants and bars that were worth checking out while we were in town. She wasn't the slightest bit snoody and extremely hospitable.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank abfarris
Boston, Massachusetts
“extraordinary dinner”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

from start to finish, our experience at FIG was truly perfect. we swung by while on a walk to try and get a reservation for later and although it was fully booked, the hostess was so sweet about suggestions for either eating at the community table or bar. we came back and lucked out to find a spot at the bar, where we were served by a fantastic bartender/waitress. her descriptions were out of the world and they matched the food's quality when it did arrive. every thing was scrumptious and super generous portions. the dessert was fabulous as well…just can't say enough about this place!

• Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Every other meal in Charleston I compared to this quality”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The reservation was hard to score. I called one month before I arrived. The room is handsome but not drop dead. The tables are well placed apart so you have privacy and not too noisey. The service was sufficient but not overwhelming. But the food was the star. If you are a foodie, don't miss it

Visited March 2014
1 Thank rethot
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Wow, they can cook!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We went for dinner last night. The fish we had, flounder and triggerfish Were cooked perfectly. We also had a side order of Brusselsprouts with chorizo and some kind of thin bean our waiter said was grown in the saltwater marsh(?).
I would give the flounder an A+
Great sauce
I would go back any time.
Make reservations in advance and you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank John B