“Great Restaurant in a Great City”
Review of FIG

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hasell
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Charleston, South Carolina, is a great southern city and here you are never far from fine food. FIG, located at 232 Meeting Street, is, in a word: outstanding. The wait staff is prompt, friendly and efficient. The wine list is extensive but prices tend toward the high side. The food is superb. From beef to seafood, there is a generous variety of choices for everyone. The decor is simple, yet comfortable. This restaurant is a favorite of Charleston's residents, but tourists are always welcome. Reservations are a must and can only be made within one month of your visit. Young adults would enjoy this upscale dining, but this is not a restaurant for kids. There is no kids' menu or happy meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,002)

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Living in charleston, we had always wanted to try FIG because of the amazing reviews not only on trip advisor but by many friends as well. Our reservation was for 8:15 but were promptly seated at 8pm. The entire experience was worth every penny- from the hostess telling us to "have fun" to our sever Andrea giving us the best recommendations throughout the meal.
Following Andreas recommendations we started with the pate and the gnocchi lamb bolognese. Both were amazing! The gnocchi is out of this world. For entrees we had the snapper and the triggerfish. We were both blown away by the quality, freshness, and preparation. I had the triggerfish and it was probably the best fish I have ever had. The flavors were incredible and it was perfectly prepared. For dessert we were really unsure but following Andreas detailed description and instructions we got the sticky sorghum cake. Oh my god. It was hands down the best dessert I have ever had as well. If in doubt go for the sorghum cake.

Overall this meal was easily one of the best me or my date has had in charleston- after living here for 7+ years and both having worked in more than a few restaurants in charleston as well. The service was top notch. Attentive but not intrusive. Upscale but not stuffy. Very comfortable and pleasant. We will be back!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Over rated and over priced. Menu is very limited with little flexibility. Everyone said how good this was, but I cannot agree. I would recommend skipping it.

1  Thank HowardMM
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Was really looking forward to eating at Fig as I did not make it there on my last visit to Charleston. Attempted to make a reservation in anticipation of spending a week there but was told that their "policy" is to only make reservations one month in advance. I spoke with them on a Saturday and was told that "technically, Monday would be one month" from the date I was requesting. I was told to call back on Monday between 10-11, where's the customer service? However, Husk, McCrady's, and Fish had no problem taking my reservation. Will bring my appetite and money someplace else. Oh well.

4  Thank Bryan W
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Went to Fig based on Tripadvisor ratings. Was not disappointed. I had the crusted grouper with sautéed greens. Both excellent. Raw oysters for appetizer, very good but Appalachacola are still the best! Sticky cake and calvados ice cream for dessert. All around awesome meal; would highly recommend.

1  Thank Morris C