“Exceptional”

FIG
Ranked #14 of 899 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hasell
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The menu choices here are so exciting, using quality local produce. Actually the menu descriptions do not give the full story. The menu changes slightly each day. You need to ask the waitress (in our case Morgan) to describe how the food has been prepared - you will be so impressed with the invention of the chef and the knowldege and pride of the waitress.

This is a very lively restaurant, booked out well ahead. Clearly very fashionable with locals but fully deserving of its reputation. If you are visiting Charleston, this should be your first choice but book in advance.

• Visited July 2013

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

From the moment I walked into this restaurant, I was immediately taken care of. According to the hostess there'd be a slight wait...needless to say, I was seated within five minutes. I enjoyed some cocktails that were uniquely and equisitely prepared. The Berlin wall cocktail was very good and of special mention since I am not crazy about tequila. The clams are what I ordered as an appetizer, definitely too small to split between two people, but very good. My main entree was the following: PAN ROASTED PORGY black eye pea and juliet pomodoro, arugula. The porgy is also known as a South Carolina red snapper; cooked to perfection with an array of different flavors on my palate that all combined perfectly. Choclate hazelnut budino was what I ordered for dessert and it was deeeeeliiissshhh. The budino has a sort of pudding/panacotta consistency, with a light choclate flavor, and has caramel and sea salt on the bottom creating a great sweet/salty taste. I must also note that all of the dishes are created, primarily, with fresh local ingredients. From the hostess, to waiters that were very informative and familiar with the menu, and servers that were on point, this was an overall great place to dine. Def recommend!

• Visited July 2013
Seattle
“Food Is Good -FIG”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Seasonal menu, dishes are created using locally grown and caught items. Yummy! Very busy and trendy, make a reservation or you might be able to be seated at the communal table.

Visited June 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is one of the best places I have ever eaten in. We were travelling around the US on our motorbike and I had found this place on Trip Advisor but didn't realise just how good it was going to be.

The food, service and place was fab, just wish we had this restaurant at home. Don't be put off by the outside which I throught looked a bit unkept once you are inside the building the place is fabulous. If we are ever back in the area we will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
Lake Lure, North Carolina
“Such fabulous flavors and textures!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have been planning to dine at FIG for a while and finally made it happen 2 weeks ago. We waited in the bar and had drinks for 30 minutes or a little longer. Had a Gin cocktail made with Jack Rudy tonic syrup. So refreshing...loved it. Our waiter's recommendation! When we were seated for our reservation the table was perfect which for me means round. Easy to talk to everyone in our party of 6. I had the Ricotta Gnocchi with lamb ragout and I can only describe it as little soft pillows which melted in my mouth! I read that somewhere but never experienced it until FIG! I also ordered the special salad which was tomato and cucumber tossed with a fresh dill dressing. So delicious and crisp! I decided to go back and consult the menu and only see the Gnocchi with a grass fed beef bolognese. Almost positive mine was lamb so maybe it changes from time to time?? Whatever is served with the Gnocchi is just a bonus to the light and tender little morsels! So sad I am going to Charleston today and FIG is closed on Sunday. Call for a reservation! We were on the wait list but were given a reservation when someone cancelled.

• Visited June 2013