“Food Is Good -FIG”

Cross street: Hasell
Seattle
“Food Is Good -FIG”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Seasonal menu, dishes are created using locally grown and caught items. Yummy! Very busy and trendy, make a reservation or you might be able to be seated at the communal table.

Visited June 2013

Chester, United Kingdom
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is one of the best places I have ever eaten in. We were travelling around the US on our motorbike and I had found this place on Trip Advisor but didn't realise just how good it was going to be.

The food, service and place was fab, just wish we had this restaurant at home. Don't be put off by the outside which I throught looked a bit unkept once you are inside the building the place is fabulous. If we are ever back in the area we will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
Lake Lure, North Carolina
“Such fabulous flavors and textures!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have been planning to dine at FIG for a while and finally made it happen 2 weeks ago. We waited in the bar and had drinks for 30 minutes or a little longer. Had a Gin cocktail made with Jack Rudy tonic syrup. So refreshing...loved it. Our waiter's recommendation! When we were seated for our reservation the table was perfect which for me means round. Easy to talk to everyone in our party of 6. I had the Ricotta Gnocchi with lamb ragout and I can only describe it as little soft pillows which melted in my mouth! I read that somewhere but never experienced it until FIG! I also ordered the special salad which was tomato and cucumber tossed with a fresh dill dressing. So delicious and crisp! I decided to go back and consult the menu and only see the Gnocchi with a grass fed beef bolognese. Almost positive mine was lamb so maybe it changes from time to time?? Whatever is served with the Gnocchi is just a bonus to the light and tender little morsels! So sad I am going to Charleston today and FIG is closed on Sunday. Call for a reservation! We were on the wait list but were given a reservation when someone cancelled.

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“fOOD iS gOOD!!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

FIG was fabulous! We did not have a reservation, so we had a choice of sitting at the Community Table ( seats 8?) or the Bar. We enjoy speaking with the bartenders, so that is where we sat. The bartender knew his stuff... He walked us through the cocktails and the full menu... All were absolutely amazing. We will be back!,,,

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, TX
“Run to FIG”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were in Charleston for a romantic getaway and enjoy the eating and city. We ate at Magnolia's, SNOB and Circa 1886 (Peninsula Grill and Charleston Grill are the next 2 nights). FIG is one of the best restaurant in town. John our waiter was knowledgable and explained each dish in detail (with no notes). I had the John's Island Tomato Tarte Tatin which was amazing with each bite. My wife had the Chicken Liver Pate which was enough to eat for a meal and melted in your mouth. For the main course I had the Flounder Picatta (they ran out of soft shell crabs) and each bite had so much flavor. The braised cipollini onions were sooooo sweet. My wife had the Zucchini Wrapped Scamp Grouper which was equally tasty. We shared the Chocolate Hazelnut Budino - a rich chocolate custard with salted caramel at the bottom. I could eat it every night. Truly one of the most fabulous desserts I have ever had. If you go to Charleston, this is a must stop restaurant.

• Visited July 2013