“Favorite in Charleston”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hasell
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is by far our favorite restaurant in Charleston. Have visited on our last three trips to Charleston and each time the menu has been different but with so many wonderful and fresh choices that is was hard to choose. This time we had an heirloom tomato salad and the tomato tartan for appetizers. Both extraordinary! entrees included a hanger steak and a swordfish dish that were both perfectly prepared. simple decor, pleasant service and a decent winelist all make for an exceptional dining experience. can't wait to return!

There are newer reviews for FIG

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a true good food lovers gem! The ingredients are so fresh, flavorful and colorful that you simply don't want dinner to end! My husband had the local tomato tarte tatin followed by the swordfish with chanterelles mushrooms. Both were marvelous. I chose a light, super salad of bright,tangy greens and honey crisp apple in a perfectly balanced vinaigrette. The salad was followed by the jumbo flounder with autumn vegetables on a bed of sautéed greens... specially prepared for me as I didn't want the potato purée. We ordered some baked beans with sorghum for the table. For dessert, you will really enjoy this... My husband had an outstanding apple and almond cake with a small scoop of luscious yogurt gelato....and I had the other vegetable offered that evening! Vegetables are very important to me and I know a good vegetable when I see one, smell one, eat one! These green beans with red pepper lovingly coated with a mint pesto were the best dessert I have ever had! We each had a glass of a different red wine. Both were lovely. It was a marvelous dinner leaving us both feel happy and excited about good food! Truly, food is GREAT at FIG (which means food is good)!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our party of 3 was particularly impressed by the waiter whose knowledge of the menu and wine list and his very pleasant and professional manner ensured that we made excellent choices. For starters we shared a pate - delicious and light. My cocotte of fish was amazingly good - better than any I've had in France! Wooden floors and no soft furnishings combined with fairly tightly packed tables make it quite loud on busy nights.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Seasoned traveler and Foodie here. I had one of the best dinners in years at Fig tonight.

Heirloom tomatoes, swordfish, greens....absolutely exceptional. Can't to go back.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was my second go around at FIG. The first was a couple months ago and neither time did I have a reservation (I do recommend a reservation if you want to be guaranteed a table). Both times I arrived before they open at 5:30 to try to get a table. The first time it worked, the second it didn't, but we did nab a spot at the bar where there is also full menu available. The first time our waitress was OUTSTANDING. I wish I could remember her name to give her a shout out but sadly I forget. (The rest of this review is about the second visit-I can assure you the first was just as amazing)

This time we sat at the bar. There was no spot at the beginning but the maitre d was so understanding and as people left the bar he kept the spots open so that we would have three seats in a row. My mom and sister were already enjoying their drinks but I needed help in choosing one. The bartender, Tim, was more than happy to endulge me in giving his recommendation for wine. (At this restaurant do not hesitate to take their recommendations-they know their stuff). We then set about trying to wittle down the menu, which is not easy since we wanted to order EVERYTHING there. Therefore we once again asked for recommendations. We settled on a bunch of appetizers to share from the pumpkin soup (if this is still on the menu when you go, I urge you to order 2 of them!!) to the lamb crudo, and the tomato tartin. All of these were simply amazing and after every round of dishes Tim came back to see what we liked or didn't like and talk to us about each dish. There wasn't anything we didn't like! When it came to dessert we wanted the chocolate but Tim urged us to try the sticky cake. The chocolate was sinfully delicious and we loved every bite. The sticky cake was good, but not out favorite part of the meal. Apparently women love the chocolate and men love the sticky cake-just a note for your dessert pleasure. After dinner was over, the other bartender Andrew asked us if we'd like to try a dessert cocktail that he claimed was the best in the city-it was called a mochatini. It was the best I've had anywhere and I don't like sweet drinks. It's not on the menu but if Andrew is the bartender, have him make you one!!! By the end of dinner, we were all in love with the bartenders and never ever wanted to leave! If you have the chance to go here, don't hesitate for a minute!!!