“Excellent”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: East Bay
Description: Our French Quarter Bistro Breakfast is served every morning beginning at 7 am. We have discontinued dinner service at this time.
Anderson, South Carolina
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The food is exceptional. The atmosphere is wonderful. You can go wrong eating here. Just be sure and make reservations!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Nanatotwo

Folly Beach, South Carolina
“Library Restaurant”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a wonderful place especially if you are staying at the Vendue Inn. It is just steps away from the Inn. You feel as though you are the only one being served this wonderful meal, even though the restaurant is full. The Shrimp and Grits are to die for and if you ever have the chance to have room for desert, I would recommend their special ice cream. In December they have Eggnog you will be pleasantly surprised by the creamy taste. Sorry I did not get two of them.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Martha H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best meal in the city we had...portions great”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

In our hotel, the Vendue Inn..the chef comes by the owner HH of cheese and wine and says hello. He recommends everything but he pushes the two signature dishes that are always note menu. We tried them...duck 2 ways, a moist breast and a tender flavorful loin offset by a lemony light risotto with Parmesan. Perhaps the best duck dish I've had. Also we tasted the other signature, the crab cake with a spinach Parmesan rice cake. As Marylanders, we were in good hands, as Chef was at McCormick's in Baltimore and DC before Charleston. He spilled the beans, haha a simple prep of spices, mustard, crackers, mayo and fresh crab. The way it should be! We had escargot with garlic butter soaked baguette, a triumph, and the duck sausage with mustard, violet catsup, local Brie, which almost made me food coma wit savory flavor. Service was great, helped the small 20-25 seat place was light. Cozy, inviting small dining room. For ~$120, 2 apps, 2 entrees, and 2 cocktails, we were more than pleased. The bummer was that we were too full for dessert!

North Carolina
“HAIR WE GO”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband & I was referred to this restaurant for dinner. We were in Charleston celebrating our anniversary and was there for a romantic dinner, well this restaurantl had two strikes. We were brought out a piece of shrimp each, well my husband cut the shrimp in half and found a curley black hair under the shrimp. We called the hostess over and she made a face and took the plate. We should have gotten up and left then, but we didn't. They brought out our dinner (steak) and it was very tough & I had a hard time cutting it. The best part of the meal was the mashed potatoes & company (my husband). The chef nor the waitress ever apologized about the hair nor tried to make it right. The dinner cost us roughley $100.00 and it sucked!

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank buddypuppie
Charleston, South Carolina
“Small portions”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The atmosphere, location and ambience is so wonderful here. i loved it from the moment I set eyes on it; even the bathrooms are adorable. Unfortunately the rest is not as great. Let me first say that this place is pretty pricey, therefore I expect some things (i.e. great service and great food). The service wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great. Our waitor forgot our starter bread/popover, which we had to ask for when we saw that other patrons had some on their table. We soon realized it was no big deal because it was tasteless. The food was good, but it wasn't great. But overall the food was just bland. Salt would have gone a long way. And the big thing was that the portions were tiny. I am aware that nicer restaurants have smaller portions, but this was rediculous. Both me and my husband walked away hungry, and after a very large bill mind you. Summation? Not returning. There are much better places in Charleston for a much better price.

Visited May 2012