“Worth it for a quick bite.”

Groucho's Deli of Charleston
Ranked #475 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Television
Neighborhood: Downtown
Charleston, South Carolina
“Worth it for a quick bite.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Food was fresh and tasty. Service was good. Definitely needed a good cleaning, especially the bathrooms.

Visited July 2013

“Really good tea and that's about it.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited the groucho's in West Ashley and our sandwiches were soggy. We were not happy with our food. My wife sent hers back and when it came back out it was still soggy. They said they steam the sandwiches. When you mix steam and bread the bread soaks up the water in the steam. I feel robbed of a meal. I hope you don't make the same mistake we did. It's very unfortunate, however we won't make that mistake going there again.

• Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Cordon bleu chicken sandwich-DELICIOUS!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The special Cordon Bleu Chicken sandwish is delicious. I had lunch there two days in a row! Nice casual atmosphere with plenty of TV's to watch.

Visited April 2013
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Pricier than Expected, but Received a Buffet”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

So, basically I thought it was overpriced. When I got my salad, it was in a HUGE bowl and I could only finish off about 1/8 of the salad! I was completely stuffed and enjoyed it. It was nice and crisp, and everything was really fresh.

Friends' sandwiches were right on par with my salad. So, I do suggest this place. Nice atmosphere too!

• Visited March 2013
sparky_turtle
“Inexpensive and quality food”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've only eaten here once so take this review with that grain of salt. That being said, I wish I had eaten here earlier. Very friendly staff and a delicious sandwich at at good price meant that I left a satisfied customer. I will need to return to Charleston again for work. I can guarantee you that I will come back to Groucho's as the food was good, the service was lovely, and I felt that I got my money's worth. Not a fancy place, but works great if what you want is to have a good meal in short order.

• Visited November 2012