“Best Thai food in Charleston, Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jasmine Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jasmine Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Waitstaff
Neighborhood: James Island
“Best Thai food in Charleston, Great Service!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food and flavor. Service was wonderful and portions are large! I tried a new meal with crab meat... Fantastic! My boyfriend got his meal "Medium" spice... he loved it! I enjoy the mild.

Maryland
“Awesome meal!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Food here was divine. Ambiance...not so much. But food made up for it. Service was terrific. Absolutely will go back to try other menu items.

• Visited August 2012
Austin, TX
“Best thai food in Charleston”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Excellent food!!! I've lived in Charleston for 4 years and I just now found out about this gem. Best Thai food I've had here, and definitely the best Asian cuisine in general that I've had in Charleston. I got the Vietnamese spring rolls (a personal favorite) and the yum woodsen salad (at our server's suggestion). Both were fabulous. I will definitely be back.

Visited April 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Awful service!”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We have one of those mass-produced coupon books for Charleston and there were two coupons for Jasmine that were buy 1, get 1 free. We went a few months ago, the food was good, and used the coupon. We wanted to use the other coupon so I decided to stop there while I was in the area and get the food to-go. I waited outside the restaurant until the workers showed up. When I was going to order, the lady told me the coupon was for dine-in only. WELL THE COUPON DOES NOT SAY IT IS FOR DINE-IN ONLY! On the back, a pre-printed message says "one coupon per table per visit." So, what on earth is the difference if I order to go or sit at a table?! If we dined-in, we would only drink water and it would have been the exact same dollar amount. What awful service! I called my husband, decided I wasn't giving them any of my business, and left...driving home took 45 minutes in heavy rush hour traffic with no dinner to show for it! I will NEVER go back.

• Visited April 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Don't Try Using Restaurant.com certificate there - she will rip you off!”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

The certificate was for $25 with a minimum $35 purchase. We spent $40-$45 and the owner/hostess made us order ANOTHER $10 entree, so we ended up spending way more than we wanted to. When we submittted the certificate with the bill, the female owner/hostess was in a rage and very rude. It was embarrassing we were just trying to enjoy a nice meal.

We honored what the certificate said (we spent well over $35), and she was arguing with us that it had to be two entrees and not one. Just to get her off our back and to honor the certificate we had to spend another $10 and wait for another entree. DISHONEST.

Too bad because the waiter (male) could not have been nicer and kept apologizing, and the Chef/food is great! The woman is killing their business never smiles, never makes eye contact with you and is rude! I am going to have a hard time going back there after that and it is too bad b/c the food is good. They also had a sign on the door saying after Feb 22nd no more certificates, which makes it tough for all of those other folks who already purchased a certificate one? A bit on the shadey side if you ask me.

• Visited February 2011